Proud owner of a "lambda" Spyder Light!!!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Proud owner of a \"lambda\" Spyder Light!!!

Before I say anything else, I'll apologize in advance...I don't own a digicam, so I can't post pictures of this beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

About a month and a half ago, I sent Lambda my Dorcy Spyder Lights, and asked him if he could luxeonize one of them for me. Well, this past Tuesday I received the finished product, and I'm EXTREMELY pleased with it! Kevin put a nice, white HD (1W) Q4J driven @ 700ma. Run time is approximately 2 hours of max brightness...don't know how long diminishing brightness will last since I haven't exhausted max brightness on my first set of 123's yet; but I anticipate at least a few hours of usable light.

The output is almost identical to the output of a SL TL-2 LED, but the spill light of the Dorcy is noticeably brighter than the spill light of the SL. At a distance of 10 feet, the hotspots are almost identical in size and intensity. At a distance of about 100 feet, the SL seems to have slightly better throw, but I attribute this to the SL having a considerably deeper reflector than the modified Dorcy reflector. I'm sure that this will be rectified when I modify a Pelican M6 reflector to take the place of the modified stock Dorcy reflector. Once I can harness more of the spill light with the deeper PM6 reflector, this will be even MORE of a light to be reckoned with!

I've liked the fit and feel of the Dorcy Spyder Lights since getting them, and to have one of them turned into a Lambda original makes this a SWEEEEET light! Nice, bright, white hotspot with room-filling, bright spill light, in a package that's slightly shorter than a SFE2, and very robust! I'd send this to somebody else to have them take and post pics for me...but it has immediately become my duty belt light at work, and I don't know if I want to part with it!!!

I want to give a HUGE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to Kevin for taking the time out of his busy schedule to put this light together for me! It is greatly appreciated and WON'T be forgotten!

PJD