Olight S30 TI - Rebuild / Replace Internals

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

I bought an Olight S30 in the Titanium Limited Edition 2 years ago as a wedding gift to myself. I had wanted a titanium light but hadn't had an excuse to put down the money for one until then. I have used it almost exclusively ever since.

It has been my daily carry for work and recreation and has seen a fair bit of wear and tear. The side button has cracked in half and the side button red LED comes on minutes after putting in a fully charged battery leading me to believe whatever circuitry that controls the low battery indicator has been damaged causing it to illuminate prematurely. It does not shut down but the red LED comes on during almost every use especially in higher power modes.

Aside from sending the light back to O-Light, What do you guys think about me replacing the internal electronics with the guts from a new donor light? Would the new generation lights prohibit me from using anything but internals from a light of the same generation? (which ever generation the Titanium edition was). Are the internals the same in the TI version as the standard Al version?

I prefer to do the repairs myself without having to send it back to O-Light. I wanted to replace the side button and main circuit board as well as strengthen the attachment of the components on the main circuit board with Selastic or an extra layer of conformal coating so components might not knock free when I drop the light (which will happen).

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Dan