Streamlight Serendipity

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night as I was waking up to go to work, my wife told me she had gone to an auction, and bought me something. I had no idea what she would purchase for me, but she brought in 2 Streamlight boxes. One box was for a SL-20XP, and the other box, for a Poly-Stinger. In the SL-20XP box was a SL-20XP, battery, and both chargers. In the Stinger box there were 2 chargers. My wife is not really mechanically inclined enough to put air in the car tires, and since she had purchased these at an auction, I didn't hold out much hope for either. First was to hook up the Stinger chargers, and see if they worked. They did. Cool!. Now I had a charger for the other vehicle, and a travel one. Next was to check the SL-20XP chargers, light, and battery. Checked both chargers, and they worked. So far, so good. Dropped the light in the chargers, and let it charge for about an hour (still not holding onto much hope). After about an hour I pulled the SL-20XP out, hit the switch, and WHOA! Worked flawlessly. I thought I was impressed with my Stinger. I did not realize that a flashlight that weighed so little, could throw such a great beam so far! It was incredible. I can't imagine ever needing a stronger flashlight than this.

Total cost for this little bit of serendipity?
$9.00

Talk about a fantastic Valentines Day gift. I had wanted a SL-20XP for some time now.
Couldn't beat that one with a stick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good stuff, Bravo! And at $9, that's a real steal! Congrats on having not only a supportive wife, but a great bargain hunter as well!

P/S, think you could ask her if she could try and pick up an L4 or something for me at a garage sale for <$10? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow! When you said the Polystinger box had two chargers, that sounded like two chargers but no light--glad you got the light too! I've been wanting a Polystinger for a while. You did great!

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Nice score Bravo. Which auction site?

[/ QUOTE ]

No site, it was a local auction.

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Wow! When you said the Polystinger box had two chargers, that sounded like two chargers but no light--glad you got the light too! I've been wanting a Polystinger for a while. You did great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't get the poly stinger, just the chargers, but they fit my stinger. I did get the SL-20XP and chargers. It was a great find.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bravo25,

I love finding those types of deals. We will often go and explore the sales and come up with enough good deals to pay for dinner.

What a great find, congratulations to your wife and you.

Tom