Nitecore P36 mod

BruPri

Newly Enlightened
Recently purchased this spectacular light, have enjoyed many Nitecore products and this one replaces one that had been relieved of me in a recent car prowl. This light has a knob on the back and that's the one thing that has bothered the OCD side of me, it turns counter clockwise to increase the brightness which to me, flies in the face of convention from everything else in the world (I'm an audio guy and we always go clockwise to turn it up!) This mod will most likely void any warranties but is pretty straight forward to those handy with a soldering iron. No pics just instructions: remove battery pack then unscrew the four hex screws from the base. Carefully detach the control base and connected circuit board from the battery tube. Set the oval O-ring aside. Remove the Phillips screw from the knurled control dial, the potentiometer can now be free of the base. You simply, carefully unsolder and swap the wires on the left with the wires on the right, keeping the white wire to the center terminal connected. (i.e. swap the thick black wire with the red and the thin black wire with the green) reinsert the potentiometer to key into the knurled control dial and replace the Phillips screw, replace the oval O-ring up against the flange the base, carefully reinsert the tailcap/circuit board into the battery tube (ensure the push button switch side is the same as the HOT label side of the tube) replace the four hex screws and tighten to seat the seal. There, right is bright, left is dim. Should have been that way in the first place but who am I to mess with the world order.

Bruce