New Streamlight Products

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
Here are a few products that Streamlight is uncovering this weekend at the Shot Show. I received this info from my boss who is out in Vegas this weekend.
Strion

Argo

Luxeon Junior

I can't wait to get my hands on these when they come out.

FlameOn

Enlightened
too bad that strion doesn't have a button tail switch....would make it a perfect replacement for my scorpion...

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
The on/off switch is in the tail of the light, momentary/ twist for constant. On the top of the Streamlight page, click the specs for pics.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regulated Luxeon with adjustable brightness>>>>>>>>>>>>

And WHY, Why, Why, don't they put the adjustable brightness thing on the FLASHLIGHTS ?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight Jr. Luxeon looks cool... so I googled it. I came up with this page, which is selling the Jr. Luxeon for $15.00! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Is this possible? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Regulated Luxeon with adjustable brightness... 2004 is looking to be a great year!

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA! It's about frikkin' time someone got it together and did this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I'll try to get these for review ASAP.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
All three are nice, but I really like the Strion and Luxeon Junior. Any idea when they'll hit the streets?

Jon

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shucks, that's too bad. Yea, maybe 2005. Does anybody know how much, or have a good guess at what the Jr. Luxeon will go for? When do you think it will be available?

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
Shucks, that's too bad. Yea, maybe 2005. Does anybody know how much, or have a good guess at what the Jr. Luxeon will go for? When do you think it will be available?

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted in another thread, there were posters that gave a link to the pricing of $31 at one site. No one seems to know when it will be out though.

$31 is a good price. But with a battery life of only 1 hour, that light will eat up batteries and have a very low amount of time at being at an acceptable brightness level. At the price of $31, I doubt it will be regulated (meaning its useful brightness might only be 30 minutes). I'm just guessing.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight, unlike Surefire, usually doesn't announce new products unless they are close to being in the pipeline. I would think (hope) it would be a lot shorter period of time before we see them.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me, or does the Streamlight Jr.® Luxeon® bear a remarkable resemblence to a CPF modded mini-m*g?

By the way, when they hit the streets, I'm thinking lithium batteries and Christmas gifts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
wow!
this argon headlamp would be the holy grail of all headlamps if it only used 123s ...
how does a 3xAA thingie feel on your head?
bernhard

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
My source of info was the president of Steamlight.... ah, what does he know.... I should have talked to someone in his marketing department /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

26086303.jpg

LightScene

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
At the price of $31, I doubt it will be regulated

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they could coax 30 lumens out of it unless it's regulated. This kind of light cries out for rechargeables - a perfect solution for brightness and cheap operation.

Latest posts