Lost the lens from the turbohead on my Nanomate

rodfran

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif The lens fell out of the turbohead on my Nanomate and I cannot find it. I went back to the stock head. Could anyone tell me if the lens was pressed in or glued in?If anyone knows where I can get another lens, I would appreciate that information, also.Thanks!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
rodfran,
It is pressed in. I don't know where you can get a replacement but try the manufacturer, (the Nanomate is actually the "Key Mate"), which I believe is Brinkman.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Re: Lost the lens from the turbohead on my Nanomat

Streamlight makes the KeyMate. Nifty little light, even in the stock configuration with its 5mm LED.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Rodfan,

The Turbo reflector was from a Brinkmann Legend AAA flashlight. The stock reflector needs to be trimmed for proper focus, and was epoxied in place in addition to the press fit.

I'm getting ready to assemble some more Nano-Mates, so tomorrow I should have some cut down reflectors made. Drop me an email for replacement options.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the correction gents and you've heard from the MASTER MAKER of the NanoMate himself rodfran!

Aten_Imago

Banned
Re:NanoMate

Anyone know when the ETA for the next batch of Nano-Mates might be? Also, anyone have "run-time" test results by anychance?
Thanks!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

You mean this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

NanoMate.jpg

Oooops! Posted the wrong plot....now we have the NanoMate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened

They should be available for order next week from the information I have received. I ordered some rechargable nimh N cells and am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to place an order for the nanomate.

Wow looks like you got a full hour out of an N cell. That's more then I was expecting. The rechargable N cells I ordered are the sanyo 500 mah variety... took a while to find them again using google.

This light is really the only one missing from my collection.. one as small as an Arc AAA but much brighter that runs on some sort of nimh rechargable battery... for use on my keychain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aten_Imago

Banned
Re:NanoMate Rechargeable N Cells

stockwiz
Thanks for posting the link and other useful information to help us with keeping our future nano/turbo-mates into the juice in a 'green' way It took me a full hour on Google before I could track down a source for NiMH N cells... in lots of 100 ! I'm sure others will run into the same issue and thank you again. BattlePack.com didn't show as a Google result- strange. Thanks again ;-)
Aten Imago

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stockwiz, you may need to trim the plastic shrink wrap around the base of the cell for proper connection.

Rodfan, lens located; email me.

Aten_Imago

Banned

Hi all
I just located a RadioShack in Ontario Canada ( RadioShack.ca) that has 2 packs of NiMH N cells but they're only 360MAH (23-521). I bought 4 just to try them. I wanted to know if anyone has data on the relative runtimes from a 360MAH battery versus a 500MAH one? You might also be interested to know I ordered a four-pack of Radio Shack N cell charger adapters (23-137) for 2 bucks the set!. Thier number is 905-271-2160. Robert took my order.I'd post pictures but am too lazy to upload my images ;-(