Reason to buy Surefire

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
I have always liked Surefire for the quality but like a lot of other people shy away from the price. I own 2 surefires a 6P and a E1B Backup and I have had both of these for 9 or 10 yrs. Recently I noticed the E1B Backup which I never use (have gone to Fenix with more output and modes) had a cloudy lens. So I notified Surefire and they gave me a return authorization and I sent it back. They kept it for almost a month and I just got it back and when I opened it something looked different. My original E1B was the 80 Lumen model and the head on the one they sent back looked different. I took it outside after dark and wow! how bright it was. Looked on their website to identify the head and it is the new EB1 Backup Duel Output 300 Lumen! So I have a brand new light that now sells for $220.00 and I paid much less for my original back in the day. So It pays to buy quality and I am more than pleased.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally i was thinking this was going to be a question thread asking if there is still reason to buy surefire:ohgeez:

Congrats on the free upgrade:thumbsup:

On the comment about happy ending....does that mean he got a free massage at a place of his choice as well:crackup:

Glad it all worked out for you and to your benefit!

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Now that's what I like to hear. I'll chime in too. I purchased a black EB1 (200/5 lumens) model w/ tailcap shroud last month. When I received it, it looked like it had some spiral/circular marks on the tailcap. As if the pocket clip had too much tension and when the tailcap was screwed on, the clip "scored" the tailcap. I contacted SF; they sent out a new tailcap w/ no marks on it, and told me to keep the original one... ;-)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had almost the exact circumstance plus one...
I think I have around 28 Surefires(was a Chief Flight Nurse for an Air Ambulance Company as well as a lot of Search & Rescue). Not all of the lights spend a long time in rotation. One day while doing my 6 month check(clean, lube, tighten, change batteries), I noticed both my e1b & L2 had "blown" LEDs for lack of a better term. They looked crystallized, and faintly glowed when turned on. The last time I had used either lights they worked fine. I called Surefire, was given RMA numbers & off they went. On return, the LX2 had a new 2 stage LED & worked as good as new, despite it's appearance as a well used light. The e1b had a brand new eB1 head with the higher Lumen rating. The tech said they no longer made the e1b head so they gave me the upgrade. Excellent customer service to back up excellent lights. I should also mention that I have never been stranded by a Surefire that failed. These two are the only ones that had a problem. One note about Surefire Tech support: please call them instead of email. There have been a few threads about people complaining they emailed and never got a response. I won't try to defend their business practices regarding email, but suffice it to say that if you take the time to call them, they will return your call....and solve your problem...

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Another reason to buy Surefire IMO is that they have a community. A community of people who love the brand and have trusted their life to the brand. I just think it's an awesome community that is centered around helping others. I know that sounds corny, what I mean is EMT's, Police, Military, First Responders, etc... Make up a large portion of their community. Also outdoorsmen and rock climbers, hikers, etc... Which is a demographic I'm definitely a part of.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Unfortunately, I concur. They don't seem to answer emails (nor does Elzetta). But if you speak w/ them on the phone, both companies are attentive to you and willing to listen and help! :grin2:

There have been a few threads about people complaining they emailed and never got a response. I won't try to defend their business practices regarding email, but suffice it to say that if you take the time to call them, they will return your call....and solve your problem...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another reason to buy Surefire IMO is that they have a community. A community of people who love the brand and have trusted their life to the brand. I just think it's an awesome community that is centered around helping others. I know that sounds corny, what I mean is EMT's, Police, Military, First Responders, etc... Make up a large portion of their community. Also outdoorsmen and rock climbers, hikers, etc... Which is a demographic I'm definitely a part of.

Well said!!
I wish more people understood the bigger picture BoB.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Glad to hear that SF took care of you. I have had a similar experience several times. I love SF flashlights.