Anyone else get the feeling.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4jdn

Newly Enlightened
that someone who disagrees with Arc or voices a dissenting opinion, is quickly put on the same level as Michael Jackson???

Every company and every product should be open to criticism and customer opinions.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
nope.perhaps his sister's level. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Civil discourse and intelligent discussion seems to be the rule in these forums.long may it be.
I can think of only a handful of companies that may rival Peter Gransee's for the reception of consumer input--positive or negative.
The Arc4 is alredy evolving due to this.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Arc4+ was my first "real" light - what a way to start a collection!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Radagast

Enlightened
Maybe if you took the sequin glove off......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Really though, some people are being overly critical of the Arc4 and though no light will ever be perfect, this is a pretty sweet little light. Attacking it is like attacking my wife and kids.

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chiaroscuro said:
nope.perhaps his sister's level. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, pretty sure I don't EVEN wanna go there with most of this crowd...

Unless they have a 5W Luxeon pasty that is... :)

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
k4jdn said:
that someone who disagrees with Arc or voices a dissenting opinion, is quickly put on the same level as Michael Jackson???

Every company and every product should be open to criticism and customer opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with voicing a dissenting opinion. But I just looked at your recent posts and it looks like you're on some sort of crusade? Two weeks worth of nothing but anti Arc posts! What exactly are you trying to prove anyway?

Peter

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
[ QUOTE ]
k4jdn said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with voicing a dissenting opinion. But I just looked at your recent posts and it looks like you're on some sort of crusade? Two weeks worth of nothing but anti Arc posts! What exactly are you trying to prove anyway?

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed the same exact thing as LitFuse.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn`t bother me...don`t work here...I`m just a consultant. I`m sure we can all get along...once you learn to see things my way.

Ken

Likebright

Enlightened
Actually I haven't had anything to cry about. Darn good company, darn good product, darn good service. Did I miss something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Mike

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look who just got banned... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Too bad, I was looking forward to a response from him.

Peter

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been afraid to share my criticism/opinion of what I feel is an over-complicated design in the switching mechanism of the beloved ARC4. I just feel it could reach a much wider audience if a person didn't have to watch a video and read an online instruction manual to figure out how to use (and program) the light. I haven't bought one yet myself, so I'm basing my opinion off of the dozens of posts about the ARC4 here on CPF. A fellow CPF'er has offered to let me try out one of his seconds fow awhile to get a first hand feel for the light though, so my opinion about the ARC4 may very well change in the next week or two. Or it may not.

I try not to be too vocal with my criticism though, until I've had a chance to try a product first-hand. I do have faith in Peter and ARC because of my very positive experiences with some of his other lights. I currently EDC an ARC LSH-P and ARC AAA, and have been very happy with both. I even bought my wife an ARC LSL for Christmas this year.

Spend enough time on CPF, and people's response to others criticism will begin to show their true colors. Mag is bashed almost universally (with many people still insisting on the silly misspelling of the Maglite name), Surefire is being bashed more and more due to their recent marketing changes (while ARC has instituted a similar policy, and its ok to people?....I guess people just love jumping on the anti-SF bandwagon for whatever reason), and ARC is still held in very high regard by many/most people here on CPF.

Such is the nature of the internet, and message boards in particular. Many people (myself included frequently) tend to be a lot more vocal and opinionated when they are staring at a monitor instead of looking a person in the eyes.

-Keith

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sharing your opinion in a constructive and non-offending fasion is not only allowed, but encouraged

what's unnacceptable, is when somone shares their opinion in an offending, rude, and insulting manner.

instead of offering kind suggestions, and trying to remain pleasant, you have consistantly insulted, flamed, trolled, and bashed. when you start threads with the explicit intent to incite negative feelings towards arc as a whole, that is not helpful.

i've voiced my opinion on the arc4 too. when it first came out, i felt that it should have knurling on it, and i said so. i didn't start new threads complaining about it, i didn't say things that were meant to reflect negatively on arc. i did so in a constructive and positive manner.
the same can be said with people who wanted tailguards! they did so in a constructive and positive manner, and it got results.

so you see, theres a difference between trollish complaints, and helpful suggestions.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
there's a fine line between a criticism and an insult, and more often than not its one's tone that determines it.

btw, i think the surefire debacle is best left to other threads which have already been started regarding it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.