Comparable to Fenix LD12 - 2017

Norseman

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get some opinions on what quality flashlights are comparable to the Fenix LD12 - 2017 Edition.

I have one I've been using about 3 weeks that I love ...really do love it. I love the size, fit and finish and functionality. BUT ...when I go to quickly pull this out and hit the tail click sometimes my pinky inadvertently hits the side button and toggles to the lowest setting - not what I want to have happen if I'm ever attempting to temporarily blind someone if I had to use it in a self defense situation.

What lights might match up to it but NOT have the side button?

One that I'm looking at is the Eagletac D25c

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one,not over keen on the Fenix side switch so exposed as it is on other Fenix lights I own.Must admit gone back to using my Eagtac D25A clicky.

Norseman

Newly Enlightened
I ended up getting a Nitecore MT10c ...sweet little light!! Way brighter than the LD12 - but the tint isn't as natural. Also I like that the LD12 can run off a regular AA which I could find anywhere. The MT10c runs best on the 18350 and can't run on AA. So maybe I'll keep the MT10c on me and my LD12 in my EDC bag as a backup. And one day I'll probably pickup the D25c.

The MT10c does also have a side switch like the LD12 but you need to really push it to change the current light setting. It doesn't change so easy like on the LD12.

Latest posts