I will buy more Ultra-Gs

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Along with my ARC-AA from CountyComm I received my Ultra-G also.I must say for under 15 bucks this light has a great cool factor to it.
Built like a tank and very good beam.The corona is a little bigger than the ARC-AA but the output is almost identical.
I plan to get many more in order for me to have a spare and a few for fellow officers as gifts.Can anyone tell me if the beams are pretty consistent with the Ultra-Gs?
It just feels good in my hands and I do carry the ARC more often but I try to baby it too much due to the cost.
For the price of the Ultra-G I can afford to loose it or break it at work but I think it would be hard to actually break this light.
Just wanted to say thanks to all members here for helping me along with many decisions on lights and say just how pleased I am with my Infinity.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Robocop,
I bought eight Ultra-Gs and there wasn't a nickel's worth of difference between any of them.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a regular Ultra as well as several Ultra-G's, and they all seem to be pretty consistent as far as beam quality and tint go. I definitely like them too, built very well, long battery life, and cheap.

-Keith

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Glad you like the Ultra-G. I got one as well and have bought more as gifts. It is nice light and an even better value. Mine has seen many hours of use and never let me down.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Just something about this light that hit me as a very neat light.I can not explain it...maybe the cost factor or something but it is just a great investment.I actually do not mind the reflector as much as I thought.It actually looks kind of nice without a polished look.This was my only worry at time of purchase but quickly disseappeared after I compared the beam with polished reflectors.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Excellent value for the $$. Load a lithium in it and it's a 10 year emergency torch! It's probably the best value AA LED torch on the market!! Don't get me wrong, I carry an ARC AAA w/Berkeley mini clip on my keychain at all times. But wer'e talking about AA cell torches here. There's an Infinity nearby me at all times!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, when I read this title I saw a "not" in there and thought, gee what's wrong with them?! I currently own 2 of them and am very pleased. I almost ordered a couple more a couple of days ago. Starting to think about the hurricane bug out bags I'll neat to put together before next season.

The 2 that I've got have a very noticeable difference in the color of the beams. One is very nice and white and the other has a distinct violet tinge to it. Neither is objectionable and they are both equally bright.

I also have lithium AA's in mine. I don't use them very much, but they have lasted for a year so far and show no signs of being used up.

Everyone should have a couple of these around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one of the US Gov. ones from County Comm and I think it's great! Mine has a larger corona than the Arc AAA. It's an excellent LONG runtime emergency light that is very well built, except for the battery rattle, but that was easily fixed. It's amazing how bright this little light is in a completely dark environment with dark adapted eyes.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple of the Ultra G, and like them. I do miss the clip which comes on the commercial version, and would rather have that than the finish of the G.

Jerry

03lab

Enlightened
Stop it, don't make me want to have one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif CountyComm doesn't ship internationally. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
03lab, people sell Ultra-G's on BST all the time, and sending them overseas is no big deal. I sent a regular Infinity to a friend in Romania last month and the postage was about 1.50 USD. Delivery took about 1 week. Everyone should have an Infinity or Ultra/Ultra-G.

03lab

Enlightened
paulr, thanks for pointing me to BST, good idea! You are right, everyone should have one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or maybe someone will order 2 extra G's the next time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, so you all talked me into it and I ordered 2 more last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The only company that has more of my money that countycomm is arc followed closely by Charlie and his excellent mods of which I own 2 that were more expensive than I have admitted to my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Paul. I emailed them over a week ago, but haven't heard back. I'll give them a call. They may not be open today, but who knows.

Jerry

mahoney

Enlightened
I bought 36 of them for disaster kits at work and there was very little difference in the amount of light produced and beam color from unit to unit. Comparing best to worst, maybe a 10% difference in output. (yes I tested them all, using the "best" one as a standard. I am a flashaholic after all.) I was quite impressed by their uniformly good performance.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I just ordered two from county comm over the weekend and they shipped Tuesday! I also picked a regular one up on ebay for comparison's sake...

daloosh

paulr

Flashaholic
I wonder what will happen to the supply of these things now that CMG Corp. has been sold. Maybe it's time to buy a bunch to stash away.

03lab

Enlightened
If anyone buys some more, could I possibly join in on that order? I only need one, PayPal is ready ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif