Should I send this in for repair, or,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
should i be able to fix this on my own:

my Arc LSL will no longer turn on when i click the clicky.. i changed batteries, and when i found it still wouldn't work, i tried turning the body.. and if i tighten it really well the light will turn on.. however the clicky still does nothing..
the only way it turns on is when i twist the body very tightly together..

now what could be going on? the only damage i've done to the light is scratching the lens.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like maybe the retainer ring is loose? I'd try to eliminate the kroll first though. Swap the kroll with the other LSL and see what happens. Or just unscrew the kroll and short the battery to the body threads with a flat blade screwdriver.

Peter

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah.. i'm getting nothing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
i'm afraid if i send it in it might end up being replaced by an LSH. i like the LSL better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a pair of pointy tweezers (or something else) that will fit into the two holes in the retaining ring. See if it spins either way. If it does, tighten it down snugly (clockwise). If the ring is tight, I think you've got bigger trouble.

Peter

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
the only damage i've done to the light is scratching the lens.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you ticked it off Ryan.

Peter

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan,
Remove the Kroll tailswitch and set it aside. Take a piece of wire and touch the bottom of the battery to the side of the Arc threads were the switch used to be. If it lights up, your Kroll switch needs some work. Search the CPF for instructions.
If it does not light up...you are SOL and will have to ship it back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah that's what Lit was telling me.

i got no sign of life.

could i have damaged the luxeon by pressing too hard when i scratched my lens up?

(i took a tack to the lens 'cause i thought it had an extra plastic lens cover on it, but it was just condensation on the inside of the lens from being in slushy and then 30 below zero conditions)

Edit:
Lit, i think i ticked it off too. maybe it's the parting of its younger sibling, #378.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:

could i have damaged the luxeon by pressing too hard when i scratched my lens up?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand, this seems very unlikely. On the other hand this seems like quite a coincidence.

I don't think you should be able to damage the LS by pushing on the lens. At least not one that is "tight". Maybe the thermal extremes are somehow involved?

Peter

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe, think i should let it sit around for a few days and see if it *airs out*?

that'd also give Gransee some time to calm down after returning from SHOT.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well it's still acting up.

i decided to wait a few days then mail it in. i'll update, let'cha know what he finds out is wrong with it, so i can give others a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.