How do YOU carry your light? Keychain etc..

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in different ways to attach lights to keychains, carry in the pocket or belt etc. I just ordered a foursevens Mini MK II clip to go with my Olight but I am curious if any of you have other ways you carry it, either on your keychain or some novel way I haven't thought of.

I am using a fishing swivel with two small splitrings I got from Michael's but my flashlight still hangs a little awkwardly and gets stuck hanging outside of my pocket when I try to put my keys in my pocket.

2qx3qjd.jpg

11ifgq9.jpg

TCY

Enlightened
I carry a 18650 light which is too big for keychains. I stuff it into my pant pocket and I'm good to go.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same. I just carry my light loose in my pocket.

Depending on mood, my EDC light varies. But typically it's either a 1x 14500, 16340, 18350, 18500, or 18650.

When I do EDC an 18650 light, I typically only choose extra-compact 18650 lights.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my Thrunite TiS on a paracord loop (that I can put around my neck if needed) in my pocket. I find it easier to keep track of and and pull out of my pocket with the paracord without adding any real bulk.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my S2 Baton on my key chain almost exactly as in your photo in your post.

I also carry the TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2 9,500 lumens on a belt holster, too. Or the Manker M43vn XP-L 7,650 lumens.

At night, I do my walk with one or two Acebeam X65vn.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
On my keys I have a Surefire Titan Plus, I don't use the black plastic cap and I removed the pocket clip. It is on a small titanium key ring attached to a larger one.

I also carry an Olight S1 or S2 Baton clipped into my front left pocket. I have a folder in the right pocket.

If I am carrying the Olight X7 or MXS3-UT then I usually put them in a holster on the belt or cargo pocket in 5.11 pants.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use a microstream clip on 1x triple a lights for shirt pocket carry...

And adapted a PKDL PR1 clip to fit 2x 123 lights...

And just slide a 1x 123 such as the PR-1 or a Knight in my trouser pocket...

Or various quick release attached for car key use...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deep pocket carry, mostly. I like the idea of holster carry, but most holsters really suck, especially the sort that comes in the pack with the light. I'm gonna go the customer leather route soon.

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Deep pocket carry, mostly. I like the idea of holster carry, but most holsters really suck, especially the sort that comes in the pack with the light. I'm gonna go the customer leather route soon.

I like the idea of a holster and having less stuff in my pockets but most of the time I am at work and wearing dress slacks and a button up shirt, so I pocket carry on my keychain. This solution isn't the greatest either as my pockets bulge what with all my EDC stuff...

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MDC (16650) in the left front pocket. However, myself and a buddy have been clipping them on our hard hats when needed. Works awesome--just like a headlamp.

Malkoff MDC CR123 in my truck (doesn't get used much). MD2 on the nightstand by my bed. Prometheus Alpha on the kitchen counter top. I like to look at and play with it but it does get used some. I'm not a big fan of the 18650 lights in the pocket. Just too big in diameter for me.

Malkoff Houndog/Houndog Super/Wildcat MD4 has been in a Bianchi Accumold holster. However, tomorrow I receive my Kytex Shooting Gear holster for these lights and I'm looking forward to using it. :tinfoil: Edit: I received the Kydex Shooting Gear holster and like it a lot. With a heat gun I opened-up the top slightly and tightened the bottom slightly.

vCGWxbdDJeO1ZAcqSqE0s_szCdFgRtzCKTb97JdH1CH3els1p5ogGigXRkYntWJJE86d4RkywC3XU7VWAIqtQFPkB7UVuxb_n8bsIqRE_AUZYe2B7c3F_ZklgSWArPHw0bBqE-CuzA7vrMOhI6XwE07tABKtBvDK6Ni4X250ZbNxc3SZ1sAX38ucJePZOqAF4JqGVVRj2EsDzx-ZOa_kIFeaL2_Xt7j2uDrum5I3xVJKo3GhzabxVxaPDjNiFADgRTZqo5MLvVMWlqg5MmGsqkUXHfVWZ-ZEId9SJF3RN72wgKsFYuz7_11xmVMTyM71c3zfDmK2Tg5xDrdJJtWiedTAdpbwUfZwMXNII7xYaio4a9QTen6vFwlGs2Sh7_q3oYfxxTvfXc-nrRO9uUZHUDCL7mlSCzYjjKkctzOJK2k66Y137vGXQwU_7WRUsYnM9SdwZTQhkDM4tvC01e1W2VXJo9S65dsTmzQhj1A2YYIEFvAvxO2EG5ftnscPuWoGqjQ40UJj4EA9b9hRBliicry1MayPAQTZkFpZfSJ2KmU33tmN_l4R-91EvMDImwpggErqOp7nwwVLB8BXN7iaYPK4LRE1vkM31sxaXJ3XrXZjwIhWgsOxWg=w1324-h993-no

I also have an awesome key ring light my fellow flashaholic buddy gave me (as a present!). I can't remember the brand right now but will update this thread with the manufacturer when I remember it. I don't use it a lot but it's really an amazing light. And it even has trits! Never had them before. Edit: My keychain light is from Valeno Designs. Here's a pic of it (not my pic):

bced0afb820ed4c3a2adcc873476b5ea.jpg

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea of a holster and having less stuff in my pockets but most of the time I am at work and wearing dress slacks and a button up shirt, so I pocket carry on my keychain. This solution isn't the greatest either as my pockets bulge what with all my EDC stuff...

I feel your pain. Fortunately, I can dress casually at work. Cargo pants and sneakers. It's a corporate edc dream.

sbslider

Enlightened
WARNING - Short of topic rant - I can't recall the last time I carried keys, hence no keychains. I rarely drive a car, never lock the house, and have a key stashed in the carport for when I find someone else has locked it. Sorry, no keychain solutions.

That said, my fav place to carry is in the coin pocket of my pants. Super easy access for my AAA copper maratac, which is my edc most of the time. Of the ideas above, I like the paracord lanyard around the neck. Would not work as well for me as I ride my bike most places, often shirtless, and would not want it hanging that way. But for "normal" folks who are not bent over an hour a day, seems like a good option. Nice way to get a free green light tattoo with a copper light as well . . .

I met a stewardess recently who EDC a very small pink light attached to her name tag. I asked her about it and she did not really know much about it, must not have used it much as she said she had if 5 years and never changed the batteries. But it did come in handy for her looking under seats and such on the plane. I think my second favorite place would be the shirt pocket, again makes the light very accessible and away from the keys clogging up the pocket.