Newbie Surefire question

mookow

Newly Enlightened
If I were to buy a SF E2-e, is the regular 60 lumen lamp assembly the highest output I can go, or could I use another? I know surefire doesnt list a higher output lamp assembly on their site, but I was wondering if in practice it would work or not.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search for E2+.
Various members have modified an E2 bezel so that it could accept a modified P-series lamp.
The P60 and the P90 both exceed 60 lumens.

roguesw

Enlightened
mookow,
for the e series, the mn03 60 lumen is the brightest la there is available in stock form. also available is the l4, again rated at 60 lumen, just doesnt have the hotspot that the mn03 has, plus is it is a luxeon so no bulbs to break
hope this helps
Des

mookow

Newly Enlightened
For $100 or less, and looking for a small, high output light, which is the best surefire to get? I am looking at the E2-e, but I'm open to other suggestions.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P is under $60 -- 65 lumens -- slightly fatter than the E2.
G2 is under $40 -- same light as the 6P but in lightweight nitrolon (nylon) -- lexan lens -- no lock-out tailcap.
G2Z is under $70 -- tactical version of the G2 -- pyrex lens and lock-out tailcap.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the E2e is a great choice. It's small size will suprise you when you first see it, and its smooth round beam is plenty bright.
Then once you get hooked on LEDs, you can get the PRT bezel, like the one roguesw has under his post.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I agree with kakster...I have a Z2, G2 and an E2e. The E2e sees the most use simply because it is such a compact size (smaller than a mini m*g) and puts out ALOT of light (for its size!). You will be impressed...everyone always is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tighter than the P series to my eyes. Its the nicest incan beam ive seen in any Surefire.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the E2e, you wont be disappointed! It really puts out an unbelievable amount of light. Just a word of caution tho, from there you will move on to brighter and more expensive lights...

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mookow, I bought one of Doug Speck's E2C adapters---

Doug Speck's E2C Adapters

---and have it screwed onto an E2e right now. With an E2C adapter, you can screw Surefire Z, P, D, M2, or C series heads on an E series body.

I have a 6P head with the P61 Lamp Assembly on it right now. 120 Lumens for 20 minutes on those 2x123As. It's a little top heavy and long but it's fun.

Britt

mookow

Newly Enlightened
Well, I have a SF E2e and a SL NF-2 on the way, and a friend who says he'll buy either one off me and to just take my pick of the two.

So, win-win.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2 beam might be rounder, but the P60 still puts out a tighter beam that throws farther /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
i have the G2 (my very first surefire)
a G2Z
and an e1e and L4
the one that gets used the most is the l4 simply because of the amount of light vs. size

but for the price you can't beat the g2 (60 lumens), and you can always add the 120 lumens lamp assembly