Quick switch guard for Arc4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
The rubber grommet not only makes the cigar grip easy, it also provides a better grip on a belt using the clip.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.giftailstand
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif carry

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
It's a nylon bushing I found laying around. mouser.com has them #MP10012. The fit snugly when pressed on all the way and could be a base to which you could glue a rubber ring or grommet, if it would hold. I like this better:
Arc4d.jpg

Arc4e.jpg

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
functionality.... 10 pts.
style................ 1 pt.
and for putting back the funk
in EDC's........... 100 pts.
joe chiaroscuro bob says check it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably 'boings around' when you drop it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks Fastlane!

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
If you are quick, you can catch it on the first bounce! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
Is it just me? It looks like the two pics in the first post have a different (plastic) tailcap... What up wit dat?

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
The first ones are the nylon bushing, the second photos show a tapered rubber bushing that fits tightly in place. Here is a photo of both. The rings around the head are from a Surefire 6Z Combatlight. One of the smaller rings from the Surefire is enough to make the cigar grip much easier. The rubber tailcap works well as a guard and the switch is still easy to operate with a variety of holds.

jpeg

Enlightened
Thanks for the info Fastlane...
That's a tasty looking no nonsense clip there in your action shots. Where'd ya come by that?
I'd say it's the best match I've seen yet for the ARC4... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
The snaphook with swivel comes with a Streamlight Keymate which you can find for under $10, light included.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fastlane,

That's some nice work. I looked in my junk box, but couldn't find anything suitable. I then went to Home Depot and found something a little different. I couldn't find any suitable bushings or grommets. What I did find was a package of rubber tips for canes -- 7/8 inch I.D.

I did some cutting on one of them with my exacto knife, but result was amateurish. I picked up another one and drilled a hole in the end and then widened the hole out to 7/8", using a cylindrical cutter in my Dremmel. (I used a breathing mask because I was unsure about the danger of breathing the dust.) The end result is large, 1-1/4 " O.D. But it still fits my watch pocket and it stands on its end very nicely.

Thanks for the idea.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts