Looking for help: Identifying flashlight/parts of LED light (maybe Aleph?)

the_black_tie_diyer

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

My name is Oliver and I'm looking for help to identify a flashlight/ it's parts that I bought many years ago - I re-discovered it when I went through some boxes I had in storage and it's from a time back when I was an active member of different knife/flashlight/gear-related forums. I "know" the CPF from back then, but I don't think I ever signed up here. My first flashlight was a Surefire E1e - just so you get an idea of how long i've been "around" this topic.

The light in question is from 2009'ish if I remember correctly, and I also remember that the guy I bought it from told me something about it consisting of Aleph parts. I also think that he made the heatsink/led/driver "unit" himself - but I'm not 100% sure. The click-type switch can also be used for "momentarily on". I put a Surefire CR123 primary in it, and it works flawless.

What I'd like to know is if someone can ID the parts, maybe even the LED/driver (but I guess that might be a long shot)?

I'm going to be honest here, I'm partly looking for this information as I might be ending up selling it.

Here are some pictures:

29476740us.jpg

29476741gb.jpg

29476742ir.jpg

29476743rl.jpg

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Oliver

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, that is an (McLux II) Aleph 19 1x CR123 with McTC host, and what looks like an XR-E light engine

Welcome (back?) to CPF !

By the way, please no commentary on price (or selling this item) here in the discussion section.

Last edited:

the_black_tie_diyer

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Thank you very much for the information and welcome @archimedes !

Is there anything - as easy as it was to unscrew that led/heatsink/driver-unit - I could do to this light so it would pack a little more punch?

Kind regards,
Oliver

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes ... it would be very easy to get an upgraded Aleph LE for that host.

With a modern emitter, you might be amazed at the boost you see :D