arc4 chip in other lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticing how much people are liking the controls on the new arc4. The software is proving to be great.

Wouldn't it be fun to leverage that investment in software into a second light? Like perhaps a smaller 3 5mm light or something of that sort. You'd have to adjust the boost levels, but thats all in software right? Wouldn't it be fun to have a 3 3mm or 3 5mm white led light just slightly bigger than the Arc AA but with all the functionality and brightness control of the Arc4?

And think of my sanity when all my lights run the same software and I know where to click on everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
Why would you want the arc4 any smaller? It is almost too small to hold now!

Now, what I would like to see is a grey TiNi plated arc4 with a lux III in it, and the cpf logo on the side1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, well you could certainly go the other way and scale it up as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think it goes without saying that we will see a LSIII in the not too distant future. I was just thinking how cool it would be to have the arc4 chip in control of something like the Inova X5, thats all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
The Arc5 will use a 5 watt, from what Peter has said. Software will be similar.

If you want a tiny dimmable 5mm light, try a Photon III.

Status
Not open for further replies.