I Just Got a Couple New Surefire...

Nephron44

Enlightened
I just got a Surefire EB1 and one of the new Aviators, and I have an E1D on its way. I was under the impression that the switches and heads would be interchangeable. When I swapped the heads today on the EB1 and Aviator, they worked just fine. HOWEVER, when I swapped the tail caps, no such luck! The threading is the same gauge as far as I can tell, but the Aviator switch wouldn't screw down far enough!

I thought the new Aviators use the Z68 tail cap, and I also thought that the Z68 would work in the backup...am I wrong? What about the E1D head and tail cap? Will those be interchangeable?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EB1 with it´s unnecessary long tailcap/threads is the issue. Afaik the E1D is a true E-series light with interchangeable head/tailcap.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
@nephron44 can you elaborate. Which EB1 are you using, click or 2 stage tactical? I am interested in taking a new 2017 Avaitor head to use on an EB1 2 stage tactical body. I would be okay loosing low mode, but it would be even better if the 2 stage switch operation worked.

Nephron44

Enlightened
@nephron44 can you elaborate. Which EB1 are you using, click or 2 stage tactical? I am interested in taking a new 2017 Avaitor head to use on an EB1 2 stage tactical body. I would be okay loosing low mode, but it would be even better if the 2 stage switch operation worked.

It is the EB1 2 stage clicky. However, the dimensions on the website are the same as the tactical model, so I can't imagine it will be any different. The modes are built into the head, so you'll keep whatever colors and modes are in the head you are using.

Last edited: