Turtlelite II Surprise

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past I've sung the praises of the Turtlelite II. Commenting on its excellent beam and especially on its long life (ran it for 4-5 hours continuously in near freezing temps while winterizing my boat last fall).

Today, out of curiosity, I decided to measure the battery voltage and that's where I found the surprise. I was expecting to see the Duracell alkalines I always buy. Instead I found four "Dorcy Heavy Duty AA" batts. I totally forgot this flashlight came with batteries. Hard to believe this kind of performance could come out of standard, non-alkaline batteries. By the way, the voltages varied between 1.1 and 1.28V.

You just can't go wrong with the Turtlelite II. That is provided you don't try to put it in your pocket.
wink.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! Another Turtlelite II fan.
smile.gif
Just a little tip though, you might want to take those "heavy duty" non-alkaline batteries that come with the Turtlelite II and use them in something else that will use them up more quickly because non-alkaline batteries are much more prone to leak when they start to run down than alkalines or lithiums and I know you don't want to mess up your kick but Turtlelite II by having acid leak all in it. Long live the Turtlelite!!!
wink.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice X-Cal. Out with the carbon in with the alkaline. Don't want my baby to get hurt.
grin.gif