• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ACEBEAM X80

acebeam

Enlightened
ABO_299.jpg

12*CREE XHP50.2
2*CREE XPE2-R2 630nm
2*CREE XPE2-B4 475nm
2*CREE XPE2-G3 530nm
1*Nichia 233A 365nm

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Release date and lumens?

Soon-ish.

Ooodles.

Hot fast, on max mode, of course. Lower modes available to select normal heat generation and normal run time, of course.

Run time on max mode: Duke? Earl? Baron?

Crispy and blue on the outside, moist and tender and juicy and yellow on the inside? Maybe? Maybe not?

Throwy-ish, kind of, sort of, maybe, could be, some possibility.

QA/QC should be top-notch.

Price: A few bucks or so.

More info coming soon!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really really looking forward to the X80.

Fingers crossed it doesn't share the tint, horrible UI and lack of punch of the X45.

WaffleBuggy

Newly Enlightened
1 button to control 5 different sets of LED's while 1 set alone needs 5 levels of output. I bet there's at least 1 disco in there too which brings the mode count minimum to eleven. Talk about a UI mess! Ditch the red/blue/green/nichia led's (which simplifies everything and is cheaper to build, cheaper for us too), offer it in a 4500k neutral and you'd hit the jackpot.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
22,000 lumens: _www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/acebeam-new-model-of-x80-will-coming-soon.56937/

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lack of punch?

My reference was in regards to the beam [as a whole] and not just the hotspot.

The spill falls off more quickly than I'd have expected from a light pushing 16.5k lumens. Not a fault of the light, just the reality of the reflector size and design.

Comparing the 4k lumen TK75 to the 5k lumen K60 yields the same results. The spill of the TK75 falls off much more quickly than with the K60.

WaffleBuggy

Newly Enlightened
My math was a bit off earlier when I posted, but I'm afraid the end result won't be. For comparison. The X45 has 6 modes to control it's brightness and 1 mode for strobe. That's 7 modes before we even get to the red/blue/green/uv modes of this light. The x45 had a mode sequence that required the directions to be kept in your wallet so you could remember everything. How much you wanna bet this uses the X45 mode sequences for this light? Imagine having to operate an X45 with the additional 4 colored led's of this one! Here's the X45 ui for those that are wondering.....

X45
User interface
From off:
Click side switch to turn on the light on the last mode used (low, mid, high)
Double click for turbo, two additional fast clicks for turbo max (light turns off between clicks)
Triple click for strobe
Long press for firefly mode
Even longer press for lockout mode or unlock, light flashes twice to verify lockout mode

From on:
Click to turn off
Hold switch to advance to the next mode (low-mid-high-low...)
Double click for turbo, two additional fast clicks for turbo max (light turns off between clicks)
Triple click for strobe

The turbo max is not very easy to activate since the timing has to be precise on the second double click. Click once and wait for the light to turn off and then immediately click again. Normal fast double clicking works only for turbo.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.acebeam.com/x80

Additional descriptive info added recently at upper right. Notable is: "...employing a thermal-relief valve to equalize air pressure..." and

"...The standard battery cartridge takes 4 x high-drain 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable cells - a matched set of protected button-top batteries supporting drains of at least 10A is strongly advised. An optional high-capacity 8-cell pack can be rapid-charged with a (supplied) AC power pack. ..."

I eagerly await throw specs. :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The text about "...employing a thermal-relief valve to equalize air pressure..." and

"An optional high-capacity 8-cell pack can be rapid-charged with a (supplied) AC power pack. ..." has been removed.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just up on the Acebeam website: Additional information on the left hand side of the page.

Includes this info: "Max beam distance: 332 meters
Peak beam intensity: 27480cd"

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
"All functions are accessed from a single button for easy one-handed operation."

1 - On/Off
2 - Ultra-low
3 - Low
4 - Medium
5 - High
6 - Turbo
7 - Turbo-max
8 - Red
9 - Green
10 - Blue
11 - UV
12 - Strobe
13 - Instant Turbo-max
14 - Last mode memory
15 - Lockout

That is a LOT going on for a single button operation.

The X80 looks so exciting, but the UI alone may be enough to keep me sidelined.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
"All functions are accessed from a single button for easy one-handed operation."

1 - On/Off
2 - Ultra-low
3 - Low
4 - Medium
5 - High
6 - Turbo
7 - Turbo-max
8 - Red
9 - Green
10 - Blue
11 - UV
12 - Strobe
13 - Instant Turbo-max
14 - Last mode memory
15 - Lockout

That is a LOT going on for a single button operation.

The X80 looks so exciting, but the UI alone may be enough to keep me sidelined.

Vinh can fix that.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam has just updated the X80 page.

The output has been increased from 22,000 to 25,000 lumens.

And it's rated for underwater to 30 meters.

This is getting exciting!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam has just updated the X80 page to include all the specs, UI, pics, etc.,.

I'm going to take a moment to eat my shorts, apologize, and give kudos to Acebeam. For a single button light with so much going on, the UI looks amazingly simple and intuitive.

http://www.acebeam.com/x80

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah the lumen race. It's like watching those weight lifting contests, be it deadlift, benchpress, olympic style, etc., max weight, one rep. Pooped.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
25,000 lumens in a genuinely sized pop can light, never been done before, Acebeam are now the Lumen Race innovators of choice.

For sure.

Innovation, output, attention to detail and overall build quality...Acebeam has become the one to beat.