NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACEBEAM X80

Default Re: ACEBEAM X80

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    Here are a bunch of great high-res pics and beam shots of the X80.

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=手电...ef77099b09/pn1
    Wow! Beastly little light. Looks like a home run!

Mine is due Tuesday, can't wait.
    MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Awesome!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe with a beamy or two!

Sure, anything can be done.

But for liability, safety and warranty reasons, I [like many] prefer to keep these high powered lights in stock form.
    Many of us prefer to purchase high powered lights from Sky Lumens for better UI, added safety features, and better warranty reasons.
    BLF GT- Aspheric- Osram Flat Black- Wavien Collar X65vn K60vn TN36vn TN30vnTK61vn TK75vnKT LD60vn PD35vn E41vn,TN35vn TN32vn Shockervn SVD7vn X40vn K40mvn K50vn Eye40vn S200c2vn MMUX3vn SL3vn T45Cvn MiNivn V25Cvn MM15vn MX25L3vn TK35UEvn TM11vn TM06vn M43vn X60vn TM36vnTMack:2w 405nm 520nm

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Tuning View Post
    Mine is due Tuesday, can't wait.
    Is it Tuesday yet???

Oops...still not Tuesday!
    Last edited by seery; 07-29-2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to look at the calendar!

If I pay someone to put low traction racing slick tires on my car, then slide off of a wet road, I can't expect the tire shop to pay for my misuse of the equipment I paid for them to modify from the stock condition. If I tail-stand a 30,000 lumen modified flashlight on a pile of oily rags and fireworks, the person who I paid to modify my stock light isn't to blame for the damage caused by my actions, using equipment that I knew or should have known to have some level of risk associated with operation in certain ways.

I know it is really fun and convenient to blame others for our hypothetical or real problems, but I prefer to leave that fun to lawyers and trolls, and personally own the consequences of my own risk/reward calculations.

Awesome!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe with a beamy or two!
    I'll do a vid of it up against the X45 and DT70 in 4K UHD!
    MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Awesome!

Can't wait.

Please do, ASAP!
    I am waiting to by a highpower light, and am torn between s many recent options. The DT70 is also high on my list. Would love to see a comparison with that one, two.

Its arrived, the X80 IS tiny!!! Similar height to the Noctigon Meteor with the exact same width

The DT70 is more of a thrower than flooder but the graduation from hotspot to spill is so gradual it looks like a pure flooder. Great light (though many report reliability issues) but the Imalent DX80 will probably be more impressive, but bigger.
    Last edited by KG_Tuning; 08-01-2017 at 08:42 AM.

X80 is just brilliant, pure white light, no horrid hotspot like on the X45, no horrid petals, it's like a 25,000 lumen Nitecore Tip. The hotspot on the X80 is 4 times bigger than the X45 which is far better. Tbh it's got the biggest hotspot I've ever seen in a light and it blends nicely into the spill unlike the X45, which is just a bloody annoying yellow circle.

The colour modes are bright and floody. It gets hot fast, but 30 secs should be manageable outdoors which is great for the size. The batteries are packed in very tight for optimum contact but my flat-top Sony VTC5A still fit.
    Last edited by KG_Tuning; 08-01-2017 at 11:17 AM.

X80 is just brilliant, pure white light, no horrid hotspot like on the X45, no horrid petals, it's like a 25,000 lumen Nitecore Tip. The hotspot on the X80 is 4 times bigger than the X45 which is far better. Tbh it's got the biggest hotspot I've ever seen in a light and it blends nicely into the spill unlike the X45, which is just a bloody annoying yellow circle.

The colour modes are bright and floody. It gets hot fast, but 30 secs should be manageable outdoors which is great for the size. The batteries are packed in very tight for optimum contact but my flat-top Sony VTC5A still fit.
    MORE INFO!! Beamshots? Impressions? Comparisons?

My mate that went with me last night doesn't know the lumens, cost or build quality of these 3 lights and the DT70 impressed him the most as it still does me. 700m of flood in your peripheral with that nice shaved XHP70 tint takes some beating.

X80 is the best for smaller areas though as it lights it all up evenly without washing out what's in front of you. X45 takes the prize for heat management.

My mate that went with me last night doesn't know the lumens, cost or build quality of these 3 lights and the DT70 impressed him the most as it still does me. 700m of flood in your peripheral with that nice shaved XHP70 tint takes some beating.

X80 is the best for smaller areas though as it lights it all up evenly without washing out what's in front of you. X45 takes the prize for heat management.
    Nice comparison. If I could only choose one it would have to be the DT70. It seemed to have the nicest tint and put all the lumens where you need them. Thanks for sharing.

KG, thanks for the quick sharing of your experiences!
    Honestly, though...I'm rather amazed at the apathy regarding this groundbreaking instrument. You'd think that something that more than doubles the popular Meteor and other similar offerings would have some interest.
    Nevertheless, I'm very interested in your insights. Thanks for posting, and looking forward to other observations, as you have the time.
    Cheers!

Great job on the video! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Am a reseller for Acebeam and the X80 quality is really, really good. Colour LEDs are super bright and very nice flood also. White light is super awesome. Only comment is that maybe the heat vent should be bigger
    SUPER FLOODER
    Acebeam's quality is almost on par with the bigger manufacturers now
    Singapore's largest flashlight retailer - http://www.fstoplights.com
    Visit our facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/FstopLights

Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    Am a reseller for Acebeam and the X80 quality is really, really good. Colour LEDs are super bright and very nice flood also. White light is super awesome. Only comment is that maybe the heat vent should be bigger
    SUPER FLOODER
    Acebeam's quality is almost on par with the bigger manufacturers now
    Best price for one?
    X80vn, T6vn, D25Cvn DHT, R50vn, Toolvn, SR MiniVN, Nitecore P16vn, S10vn, P60vn triple, Astrolux S41, ToolAA, Nitcore Tip, MH20 NW

Quote Originally Posted by flashaholic1 View Post
    Best price for one?
    Yeaaa!!!??

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    MORE INFO!! Beamshots? Impressions? Comparisons?
    here u go

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67n5-MMehs

i just ordered an X80

does it come with a battery charger ?

Christo Pull Hair Re: ACEBEAM X80

Quote Originally Posted by icantchooseone View Post
    i just ordered an X80

does it come with a battery charger ?
    answer = no

please can one of you upload the manual for the X80 so i can read it while i wait for mine to be delivered

thank you

off topic will i automatically get email notifications ?

i just got my X80

how long do the batteries take to charge ? its my FIRST LED torch besides my nitecore TIP so i have no clue

very helpful you all are ................. NOT
    Last edited by archimedes; 10-01-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: inappropriate language removed

Quote Originally Posted by icantchooseone View Post
    i just got my X80

how long do the batteries take to charge ? its my FIRST LED torch besides my nitecore TIP so i have no clue
    I know it is completely off topic, and will understand if a mod deletes this post because it is so far removed from the Acebeam X80 thread. But, in case someone arrives here looking for charge times of 18650 cells, for some reason...

I'd start in one of these two places (http://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellC...ndex%20UK.html or http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ith-parameters), which has about 191 charger reviews/data at the time of this post. Each charger of 18650 cells has different charge times depending on the charger settings, the charge state of the cells (discharged, fully charged, or in between), the cell being charged, then number of cells being charged at one time, etc. By reading and understanding the review of your particular charger, then reading and understanding the reviews of the cells, then using a DMM to determine each cell's present voltage, an estimate of charge time can be determined with some arithmetic.

There is additional good information about selecting and charging 18650's here at lygte-info.dk and http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ing-and-buying

And now, a moment of silence to the subscribers we have lost this year.

A post above has been edited for language (and a quote of it has also been removed)

Please consider this to be a warning @icantchooseone
    ... is the archimedes peak

Seems a few people, myself included, are experiencing the UV light failing. Mine has stopped working after just a couple of hours use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast