Rotary Dimmer Tail Switch - Imalent DM21T

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings,
I have had one of these in my possession as well as their "touch screen" light since their introduction. Both are innovative and different and sit, unused. I love the control ring lights like the V11r's and Mirages, my Jetbeams, etc, but those rings are in front and for some reason that makes all the difference. With practice, the DM21 is every bit as easy to use as the other lights, but it just doesn't "feel" right. I find it hard to believe I just wrote that, as I base things on science and fact(mostly) and very little on intuition and feeling-yet this light is just not comfortable to use when compared to lights with the ring in front. Perhaps because it is not a true ring-it is more like a radio dial. Even though I can use it with enough expertise I would not be uncomfortable in a tactical situation-it works exactly as described and I have confidence in the build quality. I shall watch this thread with interest to see others responses... after you have enough info for your desired purpose, I hope you will share your experience & opinion with it...

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have an HDS Rotary, which is the only other tail rotary control I can think of right now. Of course, I like it a lot. It is durable, reliable, versatile, bright enough and beautiful (the high CRI variety). No issues using the dial, either overhand turning it with the thumb and forefinger, or underhand, holding it with the pinky/ring finger and turning the light with the thumb and forefinger.

I started to get interested in this light too, until I saw the low of 30 (claimed) lumens. No point in a dial adjustable light for me if it does not go down to at least 1 lumen, preferably < 0.1 lumens. Nice review, though, told me everything I needed to know.

Latest posts