Icarus Driver Help - *Official Programming Video*

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is for Everyone to Post Their Questions and Problems
related to the Prometheus Icarus Driver

Helpful Suggestions and Solutions to Problems are
Welcomed and Encouraged to be Posted by Everyone.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Icarus Driver Help

I've just installed an Icarus driver in a modded light and wanted to share my impressions of it.

It's a well built and robust piece of gear. I've rewired and messed about with it physically. It's been covered in grease, Isopropyl Alcohol, PCB Cleaner and Servisol Switch Cleaner.
I've messed with the programming until my wrists hurt (I'm using it in a Twisty).

The programming is straightforward and effective, and the UI can be as simple or as complicated as you wish. 2 mode groups with up to 7 modes in each.
22 separate light levels plus 4 Disco modes.
There's certainly more there than I'll ever want or need, and I'm looking forward to fitting one in my next build.
Jason and his team have been more than helpful with my stupid questions, knowing that they were only an email away was one of my main reasons for spending the extra cash on his driver.
P

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've just installed an Icarus driver in a modded light and wanted to share my impressions of it.

It's a well built and robust piece of gear. I've rewired and messed about with it physically. It's been covered in grease, Isopropyl Alcohol, PCB Cleaner and Servisol Switch Cleaner.
I've messed with the programming until my wrists hurt (I'm using it in a Twisty).

The programming is straightforward and effective, and the UI can be as simple or as complicated as you wish. 2 mode groups with up to 7 modes in each.
22 separate light levels plus 4 Disco modes.
There's certainly more there than I'll ever want or need, and I'm looking forward to fitting one in my next build.
Jason and his team have been more than helpful with my stupid questions, knowing that they were only an email away was one of my main reasons for spending the extra cash on his driver.
P
Nice review. Feel free to share some pics with us in the Prometheus-Lights-The-Showcase-Gallery
When using the ICARUS with a twisty light, You need only back off just till it goes out. Then by using pressure of your thumb/finger on the head may allow easier repetitious activation while trying to program it.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just picked up a Delta and really like this driver, especially hybrid memory mode and the two press full blast.

RPB

Newly Enlightened

I need help with my Alpha. I've emailed Jason & team but they're busy as well, cannot just give all their time to me, of course.
My Alpha came locked to high or turbo. I've a Boss 35 so i'm very used to fast presses to get into a program mode.
With my Alpha, nothing works. No matter how fast or slow I go, I cannot enter program mode. I have video'd it and emailed those to support, alas, it's the weekend.
How fast do the presses need to be? In real world terms? I am counting like Jason does in his video but it won't have it at all.
It wouldn't be an issue if I had a mode group selected, but it's locked to turbo ffs. Makes the 8 presses even more annoying as it's so damn bright! It's migraine inducing. Multiple attempts to enter programming just acts like the strobe.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I need help with my Alpha. I've emailed Jason & team but they're busy as well, cannot just give all their time to me, of course.
My Alpha came locked to high or turbo. I've a Boss 35 so i'm very used to fast presses to get into a program mode.
With my Alpha, nothing works. No matter how fast or slow I go, I cannot enter program mode. I have video'd it and emailed those to support, alas, it's the weekend.
How fast do the presses need to be? In real world terms? I am counting like Jason does in his video but it won't have it at all.
It wouldn't be an issue if I had a mode group selected, but it's locked to turbo ffs. Makes the 8 presses even more annoying as it's so damn bright! It's migraine inducing. Multiple attempts to enter programming just acts like the strobe.
It's usually 8 presses with ~ < 2 seconds to enter Programming Mode

non

Newly Enlightened

I want 100% output single level. It keeps getting STUCK. I was able to get it one level but dim. It was a battle to get that changed. I am now back to factory. What exactly do I need to do to get 100% single level. How do I tell if the light is fubar or if it is operator error. This multilevel nonsense is how I refrained from buying this for so many years.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get the light to the level you want, switch off. click 8 times - the light will flash, click once. The light will be single level on the level you selected.
You could also just delete the modes you don't want, but I suspect your patience is growing thin, and this is the quickest way to do it.
P

non

Newly Enlightened

This did not work three times in a row. It still works as three level. Forth time is a charm. Thanks!

Last edited:

nollij

Newly Enlightened
So, I realized something yesterday when I was changing the programming on my Delta: according to the programming card that came with the light, there is a way to re-program the "double-tap for 100% brightness" mode… but then there's no mention of it further on the card and no mention of it in the programming video. Anyone know how to do it?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I realized something yesterday when I was changing the programming on my Delta: according to the programming card that came with the light, there is a way to re-program the "double-tap for 100% brightness" mode… but then there's no mention of it further on the card and no mention of it in the programming video. Anyone know how to do it?

Just like any of the normal modes - first you need to enter this mode by double clicking, wait more than 1 second for the driver to save it, and then enter with 8 quick clicks and further as usual.

True, I do not have an Ikarus, but his brother H17Fx