New Inova light mod??

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe not just the Inova's, but they made me think of of it. I would like a X5, Arc LSH, or the new Inova lights body style, but with 3 123a's. The same body style, slender all the way, look kinda like a small baton, but with 3 123a's, instead of 2. I wonder if the new Inova lights will let ya mod a 1- 123a, with a 2- 123a, getting a long bright baton light with 3- 123a's. Kinda like the Streamlight Batonlite, but instead of 3 "N" cells, 3 123a's.
Just an idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting idea, but what are you gonna do with all that voltage? The farther away you get from the voltage the LED runs at (I know that's an over simplification. LEDs are current dependent.) the less efficient the light is.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but if I get 50,000hrs of super bright light, instead of 100,000hrs of just plain ol'bright light. I could live with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If I use it 8 hrs a day that gives me roughly 17 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

RussH

Enlightened
But just using 3 batteries instead of 2 doesn't get you more light. It's just like using a 2 cell bulb with 3 cells, it burns out. I'm hoping that they will come out with a lux3 version of the X5. It would require some sort of regulation (current limit is what I would prefer) to run off 2 CR123As, which would probably also work with 3 cells, but maybe not efficiently. If you just want a long one, then 3 AAs would work with a lux3 - that seems too long to me tho.......

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh. I guess you can tell I don't know much about lighting up LED's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I want something like a Surefire C3, but with an led, and slender like the Inova. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Latest posts