ATV Project finaly done!

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
LedLighting1.jpg

LedLighting2.jpg

I guess I just had a bad component in the circuit last time...It ran perfectly sweet all weekend!

Now to fabricate a few more brackets for some friends that can't live without them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The ATV is a Yamaha Banshee with FMF pipes, mid-drag porting by Passion Racing Engines, and a bunch of other little mods like the clear coolant lines that seem to glow in the first picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
That IS sweet!!! Those RB's really light it up nicely!

Maybe I'll have to add four of those under my car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
Hey justintoxicated,
What was the final circut...? I want to build a 2 - 4 Lux headlight for my KTM 2 stroke. I know how I am goint to mount them, I just need to know what I need to do to drive them? I just want something bright to fill in the gaps when the rpms are down....or are these dimming down on you at low rpms? I was planning on using a battery pack, but I won't if I don't need to.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
harebawl said:
Hey justintoxicated,
What was the final circut...? I want to build a 2 - 4 Lux headlight for my KTM 2 stroke. I know how I am goint to mount them, I just need to know what I need to do to drive them? I just want something bright to fill in the gaps when the rpms are down....or are these dimming down on you at low rpms? I was planning on using a battery pack, but I won't if I don't need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

They dim a bit when im not on the throttle
Here is a little video. about 1.4 megs

Rev Video

No problem for me, Im always on the throttle, or at least cruzin. I don't care much if they are not bright when I am stopped.

I'm also going to toss 2 Lux V's in my stock headlights (and point them off to the sides, But I may have to toggle them depending on wether or not my stator can handle it in combo with the underlighting. It is an aftermarket 200 watt stator and my handlebar mounted headlights are pulling 150 watts, so I think ill be ok, but it will be close.

I like the affect, since im usualy draging up the hill at night, now you can "see" feel, hear and smell the RPMs as I dump the clutch in second gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many luxeons did you use? Also, are you running an optic with the red luxeon's in the back? They seem to project quite far.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 LED's total, the Red are Low-Dome Star-O's. Yea HD's are brighter, but when you ride the dunes you do so in a line, these are already a bit too bright.

Plus NX-05 optics are designed to fit the LD's in the Star-O configuration.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
So 2 RB for the underbody and 2 Red for the taillights? They light up everything really well!!

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
does RB mean royal Blue? They are just regular blue Lux III.

The hardest part was strategicly developing mounting hardware to position them just right.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah RB=RoyalBlue. Have you ever used RB's on there? They look even deeper blue all though probably not as bright to the eye, but will make things florece more (like the green coolant in your clear coolant hoses)

BTW, that just looks wicked! I bet it's a neat effect getting brighter as you get on the throttle! Those red's really throw a beam out the back, the exhaust makes it look like a firey laser beam!
I need some AA epoxy so I can get my RB luxIII dome light going!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:
yeah RB=RoyalBlue. Have you ever used RB's on there? They look even deeper blue all though probably not as bright to the eye, but will make things florece more (like the green coolant in your clear coolant hoses)

BTW, that just looks wicked! I bet it's a neat effect getting brighter as you get on the throttle! Those red's really throw a beam out the back, the exhaust makes it look like a firey laser beam!
I need some AA epoxy so I can get my RB luxIII dome light going!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I have not tried royal Blue yet. These blues were actually much brighter than my last batch of Blue Lux III and they do florece less than the last batch I had too. I actualy do not like them as much. The last 2 I had were a PERFECT brightness-florece compromise, I was not as lucky this time...I bought a royal blue to check out what the brightness would be like since I really have no clue (but now im guessing it would be closer to my last batch than my current one). The coolant im using is actually blue (Engine Ice), but I was thinking about adding some florecent dyes to it to help out..

On one hand I like the fact it is so bright, but IMO I liked my last batch of blues better...

To see the affect of getting on the throttle, click on the link I posted to see the video, it's only 1.4 megs.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah I saw the video. The royal blue you have won't appear as bright, but it really is. If you can perhaps imagine it's like blue light without any white tint to it.. In other words its deep dark, pure saturated blue. Hard to describe. Alsmost black light effect.

I know they sell at autoparts stores stuff to check coolant leaks,etc with UV. You could put some of that in there. I doubt it will florece much though with just plain blue luxeons..