Malkoff E2 Super Scout Bezel Mini-review

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Malkoff Junkies!

This thing rocks! It is a wall of light. Brilliant white tint. I mounted it on an LX2 tube. The Mark III Eyeball says the low beam is about 250 lumens with the high beam at 700+ lumens. The Malkoff website indicates this module will kill a set of batteries in 15 minutes. The circle is now complete, we once again have a high output option that has a short runtime like the old Surefire high output lamp assemblies.

It's pricey but you get what you pay for! It's a Malkoff!!!

kelmo

recDNA

Flashaholic
If it eats a pair of CR123A in 15 minutes it sounds as though the amperage is dangerously high?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Barring an emergency, I can't see the point of running it on primaries. 16650 all the way. Also, did you add the high/low ring?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modernflame

It's for an E2x platform. It does not have a hi/low option. The SF LX2 tube gives me the med/hi option.

The beam and output are very similar to the M91A module I have in a C3.

kelmo

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy 4th everyone!

I just walked home from a 4th get together through the park by my house. This sucker really lights up the night. It throws well with an all encompassing flood. It is an awesome LX2 upgrade!

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modernflame

It's for an E2x platform. It does not have a hi/low option. The SF LX2 tube gives me the med/hi option.

The beam and output are very similar to the M91A module I have in a C3.

kelmo

You are getting medium and high from the LX2 body and switch?

Without pics a review can't be a real review..

Here ya go.

~ Chance

9TBd7K0.jpg

HJzWJxW.jpg

O9EWFmm.jpg

From Malkoff.com -

Malkoff Devices 2 CR123 Super High Output Head to fit Surefire E series lights and Incandescent M600 Scout lights. The head is constructed of 6061 T6 aluminum and Type III Hard Black Anodized. This design utilizes a tightly focused TIR Optic for maximum reach. The Lux at 1 meter is approximately 12,000. It is an outstanding medium to long range spotter. The output is approximately 750 measured out the front lumens at turn on and 700 measured out the front lumens continuous.
This head was designed for rugged service from the ground up. It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil. This item is Covered by Our Lifetime Warranty.
The input voltage is 3.4 to 6 volts. It was designed for use with 2 primary 3v CR123 batteries or a single Li-ion 16650 rechargeable battery. A single LiFePO4 cell (3.2V) will not give full output The full output runtime on two CR123 batteries is approximately 15-20 minutes. The full output runtime on a single 16650 (2500ma cell) is approximately 45-60 minutes. It will easily illuminate objects at 300+ feet and will blind opponents within a 150 foot radius. The LED is a Cree XP-L.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
That actually sounds really good, the 250ish for general use and the ability to have ~700 lumens on tap for when you need it.

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
Check that the contact points are all closing the circuit and that the batteries are putting out enough voltage.