• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: One-Off Original Orbs, Prices Reduced

For sale: some one-off original Orbs from Lummi. These Orbs are variations of the original Orb, circa 2008, the lanyard-switch two cell light that launched Orb (now Lummi). There was a special run for CPF at that time, with most lights bearing a custom CPF stamp and a serial number in the tail. Later, Rob crafted some integrated switches for some, thereby eliminating the lanyard switch. Just press to turn on, tap to turn off.

(left to right)
1. (not for sale): one off Original Orb Titanium Proto w/integrated switch.
2. Original CPF Orb w/integrated switch: $295, now $275.
3. Original Orb w/integrated switch, upgraded LE (Cree MT-G2), $275, SOLD.
4. Original Orb w/lanyard switch, $250, now $225.
5. Original Orb Proto w/collar switch, triple w/low, high & red. Touchy switch (probably needs work, but interesting design), $250, now $225.
6. Original Orb Triple w/removable lanyard switch, bright and minty, $275, now $250.

All are priced with USPS priority shipping to US destinations.

F8F5672F-CC3C-47E3-B506-7B7EEA9D24F4_zpshnn7d2pv.jpg

1D665484-DFEE-4366-9FAF-86BB9581C84E_zpsdbhlx8e1.jpg

2CE0D4A0-1F50-4120-BD45-A9C7D9EA6220_zps0vwo9b23.jpg

8ABBE975-B22F-47FB-B318-0BDC2F00EBBF_zpsvnkfeuxk.jpg

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: One-Off Original Orbs

Anyone have a link with info for an ignoramus such as I?

Edit: found the board. Interesting designs. Any info on particular specs?

Last edited:
Re: FS: One-Off Original Orbs

Anyone have a link with info for an ignoramus such as I?

Edit: found the board. Interesting designs. Any info on particular specs?

Tried to include as much as I can. They all take two CR123 cells. Anything in particular you would like to know?

Also, the machining on these lights, especially the threading between body and tail, is exceptional.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are beautiful but I'm like Ozy, I know nothing about them. They must be somewhat moddable though since one already has an mt-g2 in it. Can you revert them back to lanyard switches?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have the original lanyards? I guess they have magnets that work the switch?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may have one original lanyard switch. The integrated switches can be removed and installed on lanyards if you wanna revert to the original design.
Oh, gotcha. Neat. Ok I'll take the mt-g2 light and would love to have the original lanyard if you have it. Message me with pp info please.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I correct, these are raw aluminum? 6061 or 7075? How exactly, do the integrated switches work?

Am I correct, these are raw aluminum? 6061 or 7075? How exactly, do the integrated switches work?
Yes, all but my Ti Proto on the far left are aluminum alloy, not sure of the grade. The integrated switches: press in and the internal magnet aligns with the magnet in the tail to activate the light. Tap the tail gently to pop the stem back out to shut off the light.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take backup on the MT-G2 light. Are the lights on the ends, the "thick body" versions? The others look slimmer. Are they all single output?

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Interesting lights. I have a lot of different Lummi's, including some rarities, but not these. GLWYS.