How NOT to hawk your wares

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
** Note: 5.46MB file size **

I know it's just not right to laugh at someone's misfortunes, but I couldn't help but... guess he was trying to show how sturdy the thing was, but that sure backfired-
Wonder if the lifetime warranty applies??

(Video shows the Shop At Home network Knife Collectors sales pitch for a sword, and he takes the Katana and starts whacking it on the bench, saying, "..and the nice thing about these practice Katanas..."
On the third whack, the thing snaps off in half, and it flicks back towards him, and sticks him with it- "Owww! Awwww! That hurt- Oh! That hurt big time! .. ", and doubles up below the camera view. "A piece of that just- the tip juust got me, O'Dell.. "

Funny thing too is that the camera then proceeds in for a close up, and you see his back as he's stumbling around.
The other guy then comes onscreen in his place, and asks, "You alright?... Folks, right now.. We may uh, need emergency surgery in the studio.."

First time I saw it, I thought, this HAS to be a joke- it was just too comical to be real. But, apparently not.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Ah jeez, poor *******.

I'm guessing he's ok, scarred, but ok. After repeated viewings I can't tell where he tagged himself though. Looked like his arm, but then he grabbed his side.

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
Shawn usually seems to know what he is doing with the swords. Hope he's ok. The guy who takes his place is Tom O'Dell. A sure way to really annoy my wife is to put on the SAH knife collector show when he's on! I don't know why, she just doesn't seem to like his voice.

TOB9595

Enlightened
It's not funny!
But I did chuckle a bit....
Maybe a little more than a bit...

He handled it like a pro tho. No on screen blood.
Tom

Turt

Enlightened
Oh man... I saw this last night and I was still laughing this afternoon thinking about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bgenlvtex

Newly Enlightened
It may not be funny but it defines poetic justice. These people are selling P.O.S. swords to unknowing suck.....errr consumers.He was just about to tout the sturdiness of this unit when it broke in half on a wood table top.If a grown man had used this word in a full power stroke the results could have been much much worse.That stuff is crap...pure crap.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try right-clicking the link and choosing "Save As". Additionally, "I can't get the link to work" doesn't really tell us anything. Specific error messages would be helpful in determining the cause of the problem.

Spudman

Enlightened
Sorry Alaric,
I was in a hurry. A windows media player box was opening with the link in the address, and "done" at the bottom, but nothing would play. I used the right click and "save as" you suggested and it worked.
thanks,
Gary