ShotShow my worst vacation ever!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my wife and I arrive in Vegas Wednesday as we are there to do some visiting with friends not just go to Shotshow, my wife lived there when we met. Wednesday went great and Thursday was going fine, we where doing some tourist stuff at the hotels and then went to the wax museum when I went to grab for my favorite EDC and it was not there! Gone and no where to be found it was an E1e with a KL1 modded by CM with a very white LS driven at 1A. I went on and got over it as it is just a light and can be replaced (I keep telling myself this). So on to Friday I went to the Show, met some fellow CPFers and saw a lot of cool stuff the show was great but I didn't get to see it all in one day. Now on to Saturday the day of the get together which I was really looking forward to. I woke at about 9am as sick as I have ever been in my life I spent most of the day in front of the toilet and the rest in bed. I was still intent on going to the get together and got in the shower at about 6pm but couldn't even stand up for five minutes. So not only did I miss the rest of the show (as we where flying out at noon on Sunday) but was not able to attend the get together and meet everyone which was the worst part of the trip. So on to Sunday I am thinking there is no way I am flying in this condition but wake up at about 7am and feel fine my stomach was a bit off from the prior days activity but I felt fine? The only thing I can think of is food poisoning but who knows? We get to the Airport and made our flight by seconds as the lines at security were the longest I have ever seen, our wait was about two hours in an endless line. After running the whole D gate in a sprint we when sat on the runway for over an hour as the winds where shifting, on top of this we had to listen to all the idiots bitching like they know more than the pilot and we should just take off. We then missed our connection in Memphis and where routed to Detroit where we would spend the night and have to catch a flight to Grand Rapids in the morning. This flight was also delayed as they could not start one of the engines, they did manage to get us back to GR where I had to go strait to work with the same clothing I had on yesterday (did I mention our luggage managed to stay in Memphis) and just now made it home. What a trip but all was not lost I did manage to meet some great people and see some really cool new lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh my, that was a bad vacation....It was good to meet you. I hope all other things work out well for you.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a bummer, man sorry to hear it, being sick on vacation sucks, been there done that, but to lose your fave light and miss the get together too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Tad

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Sympathies JT,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . When the Bad Fairy goes into an overhead holding pattern, ain't much you can do.

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Dang JT! I wondered why I didn't see you at the CPF meet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guys, JT is hard to miss as he and Size15's share the same altitude!

Well, glad you made it back home finally and have your health back.

Darell

Flashaholic
Sucks, JT! Al was worried about you the whole time, since he didn't want to be the short guy at the party.

So sorry I missed meeting you, and I'm sorry that your trip turned so bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys.

Well here is the first picture from Thursday and there is clearly a problem as I only see one clip in my front right pocket which belongs to a BM knife. Maybe the Rock took it, and I took it easy on him if I only had known then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Smack%20Down.JPG

I guess it could have been worse I still managed to keep my wife after this encounter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Elvis.JPG

Size15's

Flashaholic
And I thought I had it bad!
(I'm not well either and had to suffer over 2 hours of queue too. I'm not as sick as you were though)

We met at the show and even though I was kinda pissed off that I was not longer head and shoulders above everybody else, I wanted to talk to you at the Gathering and was disappointed that you didn't show up.

Next year. There'll be a next year.

Al

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
snip
I was kinda pissed off that I was not longer head and shoulders above everybody else
snip

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

I'm 240 lb. and almost 6'3" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif