SureFire Titan Plus or Olight S Mini TI

Mchipman

Newly Enlightened
I am going to order a new light and am on the fence between the SureFire Titan Plus or the Olight S Mini TI. The cost is about the same (within $9) so price is not an issue. it will be for EDC so could be used for many different situations that need light.
so what do you guys think? help me off the fence.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Olight has more modes, can tailstand and has a higher-capacity battery.

The Surefire has the nice brand name.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I have both and honestly it depends on which you prefer. Surefire uses AAA batteries and is a different form factor that is flatter in a pants pocket while the Olight bulges a little. Olight has a higher initial output but they seem to have the same output after a few minutes. There are good threads on both that you might want to read.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want the AAA factor with an easily changed user interface to meet your needs, just get this and you keep the click switch, get higher output and the thin and more pocketable factor of the AAA. Just do it right the first time. Plus you can choose your LED. I have the 219c. With me right now in fact.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/small-clicky-need-spec
1c09f7b7b4380135b7a52adb4c4f93cd.jpg

Last edited:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
I will admit to being very biased towards aaa lights in general. But I have been carrying the Titan Plus for several months now. It has the one big thing I like about aaa lights in general and that is always being in my pocket due to the small size. I have never wanted for more output which is a huge plus and it runs on eneloops. I have never had much luck keeping any other size light in my pocket at all times so aaa gets my vote. I still keep an arc aaa on me as well but to be honest I mostly pull out the Titan due to having the option of more lumens if needed.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to order a new light and am on the fence between the SureFire Titan Plus or the Olight S Mini TI

depends whether you want an AAA light (and whether PWM bothers you)
the Olight is a CR123 light, with the option to use LiIon, which is brighter. (the Olight has PWM on moonlight, but not the other modes)

me personally, between the two, I would choose the Olight.
However, both are low CRI and Cool White (Olight offers neutral white, but still low CRI)
fwiw, I carry (and recommend) a Copper Maratac AAA w N219b, it has High CRI and NoPWM, but is not cool white, if thats what you're after.

I could suggest other options with High CRI and no PWM, but thats not what you asked (yet) :)

My guess is no matter what you buy, you will wonder about the other one you did not try. Most of us have more than one light. Some people even order multiple lights, to try, and then return the one they don't prefer. I do not do that myself, instead I read reviews carefully. Reviews that offer more than just parroting the mfg specs. I especially respect reviews by maukka and _uPZ.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
The olight for sure:)
I have the Titan + and I don't like it

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Before you decide to purchase a 1xAAA light, check with me. I have new Manker, Lumintop and ThruNite lights that I only used for testing. We'll be able to work something out.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind my asking, what was the source of your disappointment? User interface?

As already discussed elsewhere this light tends to skip levels while you change them. My 'normal' Titan does not do that. Additionally the Plus is very heavy for its size.