Hello everyone!

Jake

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forum, and let me just say IT ROCKS!! I stumbled upon it about a month ago and I've been hitting it everyday! TONS of great info on LEDs. Thanks to the reviews on this board, I've started quite a nice LED flashlight collection! My faves right now are the Nightbuster8X and the turquoise Photon II and I'm anxiously awaiting the Lightwave 4000! I have a question for my first post. Does anyone know a good brand of silicone grease that's NOT is spray form? My lightwave 2000's are getting a bit tight and a bit squeaky. I've searched my local hardware stores, but all they have is a spray. I'm looking for a jar or tube, something I can just rub a tiny dab of onto the threads. Thanks!

Brock

Flashaholic
Check somewhere that has swimming pool equiment. Also some food grade silicone's work well, but I don't know where you could get that.

Brock

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there are any scuba diving shops in your area, they will have silicon grease (not spray). Also, as mentioned earlier, most resturant supply stores will have a "food grade" silicon grease.
smile.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jake, and welcome to the forum. I'm still kinda new here to, but am enjoying the ride.
smile.gif
Concerning your question, Radio Shack has Teflon Lube Gel in a tube about 5" long. This stuff seems to work even better than silicone for everything that I've used it on. Here are the claims listed on the back of the tube: Superior adhesion (Stays where you put it), Non-Toxic, Non-Corrosive, Won't wash off, disperse, break down, or turn rancid, Does not attract dust or other contaminants, Impervious to salt and fresh water, All temperature use -65 to +650.

Jake

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome and the great tips. I've got a Radio Shack down the street from me, I'll hit it first thing tomorrow!

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gadget: Hmm… This is strange. My tube has writing all over it, but not a single part number to be found. It even has the patent number listed on it, but not a part number anywhere! It's in a 3 OZ. gray tube that says Professional Lube Gel in large letters if that helps any. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one. Maybe I can find it on the Radio Shack web site. I'll let you know if I find it.

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
Well I know I'll be trucking down to my local radio shack soon.

I would imagine this would be located in the section with the tuner cleaner and the other lubes and glues that they have.

Thanks for the lead on this one.

Welcome to the forum Jake.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bingo! I found it. It took some searching on Radio Shacks web site, but I found it. It sells for $2.99 Reg. Price for a 3 OZ. Tube and is Cat.#: 64-2326. Here is a pic of it http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/64/64-2326.jpg I'm gonna have to get some more of this stuff, I didn't remember it being so cheap.
smile.gif
Looks like they changed the style of the container since last I purchased it. My old tube has a long tapered end to make it easier to get to hard to reach spots, but the new tube is flat on the end. I wonder what "genius" designer came up with that change in design. Oh well, you can just put some on a Cue-Tip or something if you need to get it in a tight spot I guess. This is good stuff and cheap, can't beat that.
wink.gif