6P Pocket Clip that won't stop it fitting in a V70?

arKmm

Enlightened
Quick question all,

Does anyone know of a pocket clip for the 6P that doesn't stop it fitting in a V70? Alternatively, a slim-line or non-intrusive one?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question all,

Does anyone know of a pocket clip for the 6P that doesn't stop it fitting in a V70? Alternatively, a slim-line or non-intrusive one?

The slimmest, 6P compatible pocket clip I know of is the titanium clip from dark sucks. I can't test it inside of a V70 right now because I gave my V70 to my father about a year ago. There's a good chance I may visit him tomorrow. I'll be happy to try it out if you don't have a conclusive answer before then.

arKmm

Enlightened
The slimmest, 6P compatible pocket clip I know of is the titanium clip from dark sucks. I can't test it inside of a V70 right now because I gave my V70 to my father about a year ago. There's a good chance I may visit him tomorrow. I'll be happy to try it out if you don't have a conclusive answer before then.
Thank you, it's quite a specific question so I doubt someone else will answe in the mean time so I'll eagerly await your response!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd advise against using anything that protrudes beyond the body of the light even slightly...I actually recommend against using anything other than a C2 (or C3) in the V70 with a clip. I managed to rip the retention spring right out as I was drawing my light once not so long ago. Part of the clip caught on the edge of the spring as I was pulling and it broke part of the plastic holding the spring in place.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it works. Sort of. You can mount the titanium clip from dark sucks onto the light and carry it in the V70, but you have to orient the light in such a way that the clip does not make contact with the retention device. This means putting the clip more or less in the channel that was designed for a lanyard. However, the problem is that the light will not be perfectly vertical inside the holster. It has good retention, but the light is tilted at an angle.

This is also the sort of clip that requires an additional O-ring in the neck of the light to take up slack between the clip and the tail cap. It works best with a clicky tail cap. Rotary caps move around too much to have a consistent amount of pressure on the O-ring, pocket clip assembly.

Edit: Got the photos working.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG-0835.jpg

IMG-0836.jpg

IMG-0837.jpg

IMG-0838.jpg