Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Shipping!

alwayslight

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Available!

I got the prototype and this is one solid quality little light. Great output from such a firm factor. Ordered another one. 👍

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sir, will there be other finishes?

ven

Flashaholic

Out of this world, really a beautiful piece of functioning art..........:cool:

nbp

Flashaholic

Reverse clicky. These lights are a great deal at twice that price, guys. Get 'em while they're hot! The amount of light out of these is ridiculous!!

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened

It looks really nice to me. The price seems reasonable all things considered.

Please confirm that this will tail stand.

The Nichia 219c should produce a warm tint, right?

The light should still function with Ni-MH at reduced output, right?

I am a nooby so, I am just trying to make sure I understand.

nbp

Flashaholic

They tailstand perfectly. These take IMR 14500s as they draw a ton of current. I don't think an Eneloop would survive long.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened

They tailstand perfectly. These take IMR 14500s as they draw a ton of current. I don't think an Eneloop would survive long.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Do do you have any experience or opinions about the 219?

I realize that tint is highly subjective.

I have an ElZetta A & B with a warmer tint which are good concerning color rendition.

nbp

Flashaholic

I'm not a good one to ask about tint as I'm not super picky. I'm more fussy about beam pattern.

I went with a 4000k 90 CRI triple in mine. It is slightly warmer than my other 219 equipped lights when side by side but taken alone it's fairly neutral. To me, I have been happy with almost every Nichia 119/219 A/B light I have had.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ordered! Got the 3000k 219c, the warm tint with brass should look cool. Left some notes in the comments, let me know if you have questions.

Regarding other materials, I was torn. Personally, I'm not a fan of Brass and was considering waiting for a different material. But I was concerned that if this original offering doesn't go well we wont be seeing other materials. I love the design and appearance, so I decided to order one to support the offering and hopefully motivate you for more models and materials. Shockingly good price!

Personally I'd love to see it in Alu-Bronze and Titanium. Copper would be awesome too. I'd also like to suggest a single emitter reflector version. A triple off a 14500 has some drawbacks and there is a distinct lack of single emitter reflector options in the custom light market. In lieu of a reflector, a TIR option would be cool too :twothumbs Man the price is so good on these I may have to dedicate a shelf to them, different metals should look cool all lined up :eek:

Anyway, thanks for doing this, was cool watching the process and I cant wait for mine!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks really nice to me. The price seems reasonable all things considered.

Please confirm that this will tail stand.

The Nichia 219c should produce a warm tint, right?

The light should still function with Ni-MH at reduced output, right?

I am a nooby so, I am just trying to make sure I understand.

Yes tail stand
Yes the nichia is 3000k so its warm
The driver is linear so nimh will not power it (voltage is too low)
Your somebody to me :)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Do do you have any experience or opinions about the 219?

I realize that tint is highly subjective.

I have an ElZetta A & B with a warmer tint which are good concerning color rendition.

Subjective indeed. I have been caught on more than one occasion with a 90 CRI light on my person. I especially like it in the warmer tints. Plus if I didn't have nichia as an option I knew people would freak out :D :grouphug:

Ordered! Got the 3000k 219c, the warm tint with brass should look cool. Left some notes in the comments, let me know if you have questions.

Regarding other materials, I was torn. Personally, I'm not a fan of Brass and was considering waiting for a different material. But I was concerned that if this original offering doesn't go well we wont be seeing other materials. I love the design and appearance, so I decided to order one to support the offering and hopefully motivate you for more models and materials. Shockingly good price!

Personally I'd love to see it in Alu-Bronze and Titanium. Copper would be awesome too. I'd also like to suggest a single emitter reflector version. A triple off a 14500 has some drawbacks and there is a distinct lack of single emitter reflector options in the custom light market. In lieu of a reflector, a TIR option would be cool too :twothumbs Man the price is so good on these I may have to dedicate a shelf to them, different metals should look cool all lined up :eek:

Anyway, thanks for doing this, was cool watching the process and I cant wait for mine!

I didn't see the notes, if you shoot me your order number I can check it (or I can answer here).

I would consider other materials if this goes well enough :)

DougSmithOH

Newly Enlightened

Hi. New to the forum. I'd be interested in buying this in a lighter weight metal such as HA. Thanks