I Need a Travel Case for My Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Does anyone have any ideas for a way to neatly transport my collection? I'm thinking of a soft sided zipper closing vinyl or leather case with elastic loops wich will hold/display my collection. It would be good if such a case was somewhere out there to purchase. Suggestions?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've heard pelican cases work real well....

you might do a search for "spy kit"

Darell

Flashaholic
Here's what I just made for my travel to the SHOT show. Shown open and closed. They worked GREAT! Very simple. There is no closure, they just roll up. I made one for 1-cell lights, one for 2-cell lights, and one for the big boys.

rollups_open.jpg

rollups.jpg

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
I second the Pelican case. I am building one with all my ARCs in a model 1060 with Pick-n-Pluck foam. Should work and look pretty sweet. I will include 2 LS, 1 AAA, 1AA, a couple lithiums, and the AA LS adapter. I will get pics eventually and post them...

Bill.H

Enlightened
Not sure if it's the correct size for your collection, but BatteryStation has an Otterbox overstock sale going on, it's on his CPF page.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kitelights said:
Darell, what a great idea! Same idea as a kite bag. Is that corduroy?

[/ QUOTE ]
It is always about kites with you, isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The material is actually Sunbrella. They make sail covers, patio umbrellas, awnings, etc out of it. Durable and waterproof - it is totally overkill for this project, but it is what I had on hand. It is striped, which makes it look a bit like corduroy, I guess. But it is totally smooth. It is like synthetic canvas. It was really simple, and just works great for many different styles of lights. I can either pack them in the case out flat between clothes, or rolled up and shoved into bags - whatever fits best.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Thanks to all who provided MANY good ideas and suggestions. After checking the Otterman's and Pelican's I settled on a case from "Sportman's Guide" similar to the one Sigman uses except larger (6 gun sized).

Thanks again guys; this forum is invaluable!

Status
Not open for further replies.