Clicky switch in the Maratac x2 Inspection AAA light

Klotski

Newly Enlightened
Hello Folks long time lurker here and have a couple question, was wondering if anyone is using the
Maratac X2 AAA Inspection light https://countycomm.com/collections/...x2-extreme-glow-tactical-light-by-maratac-rev for there EDC. I like the looks of this light, I don't really need another light but you all know how that going. it seems like a lot of people feel a lot of different pen lights have clicky switches that turn on to easy. I currently have a Streamlight Stylus Pro and just purchased a INOVA XP LED Pen Light and in my opinion these are both are hard to turn on. I hold them in the palm of my hand and push the clicky with my index finger trying to turn it on with one hand but the whole light moves to a point where I run out of reach with my index finger and it didn't turn on. so how easy does the clicky switch work in this one? also they show 385 Lumens in high any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Paul

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the Maratac, so can't comment first hand
however, some Maratac products are made by Lumintop, and here is a double AA IYP 365 rated for 200 lumens with the cool white LED.

imo Maratac lumen specs are inflated. Also, the IYP lets you choose a High CRI LED if you want that option for realistic color rendering. The Maratac is Cool White only...

buy the Maratac if you like the form factor, but my bet is its actual performance is identical to the IYP 365. I say this because I have both a Maratac AAA w Nichia, and a Lumintop Tool AAA w Nichia. The heads are interchangeable, and on my light meter the brightness levels are very close to identical, about 90 lumens on high. Maratac claims 138 lumens, which is simply not accurate.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I don't have the Maratac, so can't comment first hand
however, some Maratac products are made by Lumintop, and here is a double AA IYP 365 rated for 200 lumens with the cool white LED.

imo Maratac lumen specs are inflated. Also, the IYP lets you choose a High CRI LED if you want that option for realistic color rendering. The Maratac is Cool White only...

buy the Maratac if you like the form factor, but my bet is its actual performance is identical to the IYP 365. I say this because I have both a Maratac AAA w Nichia, and a Lumintop Tool AAA w Nichia. The heads are interchangeable, and on my light meter the brightness levels are very close to identical, about 90 lumens on high. Maratac claims 138 lumens, which is simply not accurate.

I think Maratac uses LED lumens in its description.

Klotski

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input I think I will try Streamlight Stylus modification, doesn't look like the Maratac is very popular? So I am looking at the Eagtac Pn20a2 I like you can select either high or low seems nice and it is simple, any input on that switch.
Paul

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like you can select either high or low
The ET offers 2 modes
the IYP offers 3 modes

the ET offers 1 kind of LED
the IYP offers 2 kinds of LED

if you want a light that is good at showing natural colors, the IYP w Nichia wins
I know you are asking if I have used the switch, no, I don't own any of those lights.

Let us know what works out for you.