Fenix TK65R

asqasu

Newly Enlightened
I need a search light for my work. I saw this new light, do anybody have any experience or advice? Thanks

colight

Enlightened
I only got the information that it is a lately released one, you can have a look at the official website.:nana:

proceed5

Enlightened
I need a search light for my work. I saw this new light, do anybody have any experience or advice? Thanks

Well, I am not yet certain about the TK65R, however if the TK65R is going to be similar to the TK47UE (in terms of LED, head size, Beam profile ...) and since it comes with a rechargeable built in battery pack, then I would say "go ahead". I have the TK47UE and I really like the balance beam profile and output. The TK65R is surely gonna have better runtimes than the TK47UE. So, yeah, why not go for it.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm.....just took a look at the specs over on the Fenix Store site. At max output it does not really throw very far at all but boy...everything within that short range will be lit up like daylight. It is IP68 rated and even the micro USB port is waterproof with the flap open which is something I have only seen on the Fenix UC35 very impressive. It could have a higher capacity battery pack in my opinion. I see it is going to sell for over $200 which is an awful lot of money. The belt clip it comes with looks innovative and very practical. As a search light this would be a very short range one. The light is built like a tank though I have a few of Fenix' new IP68 rated lights you would literally have to take a heavy metal hammer to it to really destroy it....

asqasu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks proceed5. I compared it with the TK47, they are close. Thanks for your suggestion and video
Well, I am not yet certain about the TK65R, however if the TK65R is going to be similar to the TK47UE (in terms of LED, head size, Beam profile ...) and since it comes with a rechargeable built in battery pack, then I would say "go ahead". I have the TK47UE and I really like the balance beam profile and output. The TK65R is surely gonna have better runtimes than the TK47UE. So, yeah, why not go for it.

asqasu

Newly Enlightened
I own some Fenix lights too, they are really solid. The CL30R is also inner waterproof, which I have not seen in other lanterns. $200 to buy a tank, my wife should be happy about it:laughing:
hmmm.....just took a look at the specs over on the Fenix Store site. At max output it does not really throw very far at all but boy...everything within that short range will be lit up like daylight. It is IP68 rated and even the micro USB port is waterproof with the flap open which is something I have only seen on the Fenix UC35 very impressive. It could have a higher capacity battery pack in my opinion. I see it is going to sell for over $200 which is an awful lot of money. The belt clip it comes with looks innovative and very practical. As a search light this would be a very short range one. The light is built like a tank though I have a few of Fenix' new IP68 rated lights you would literally have to take a heavy metal hammer to it to really destroy it....