10,000 Lumen Thrunite TN36 Advice?

UrbanExplorer

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I have been looking to get myself a Thrunite TN36 (2017 updated model) in order to join the mega flooders club as my brightest flashlight as of now is the 4000 Lumen Nitecore TM26. 10,000 lumens sounds insane and will certainly light up my world a bit more.

However, not sure if it is because the name is so similar to the previous 7300 Lumen light or what but I cannot seem to find an independent test of the output or even a review. This one YouTuber "claimed" that the light only put out like 8100 lumens but not having seen the testing method or raw data I find this hard to believe. That means olights X7 is $100 less and will outshine it by 1000 lumens.

I understand if the actual output is a couple hundred lumens off but TWO thousand? If that's the case I prefer not to drop $300 on this light. Almost sounds like those Chinese scam lights now lol.

Anyways jokes aside can anyone give any input on this light or refer to me to an independent test?

thank you!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please fire up Google Translate and review three topic threads in the German forum, here: http ://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/forums/thrunite.28/

UrbanExplorer

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! The Germans forums most certainly helped out with tons of reviews on it. Only issues are they claim the light is around 6000 lumens. I thought Thrunite follows ANSI/NEMA FL1 standards??? The TN42 did. Surely that couldn't be a coincidence. Because in my eyes saying a 6000 or even possibly 8000 lumen light as being 10,000 lumens is a flat out lie. Not something I can see a reputable company like Thrunite do. What do you think??

wjv

Enlightened
Could this be a case of LED lumens vs OTF lumens?

sbslider

Enlightened
I don't follow this light, but your post got me curious, and I found this : http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...650)-review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO-and-more!

The review states the light output is rated at 6800 lumens and measured very close to that. Not sure if/when the Thrunite website changed the numbers, but I have seen that often manufacturers websites are not up to date.

Just curious, have you tried asking Thrunite directly? I have found them pretty responsive to requests, usually get an answer within a day.