Nitecore SRT7 still turns on after getting brutally smashed

bwDraco

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore SRT7 was brutally smashed onto a vinyl floor during an altercation today (would rather not go into detail). The glass lens was shattered and the tailcap deformed. :eek:

Yet the light turns on and all modes function properly. :faint: The battery was essentially unscathed, which I would probably attribute to the dual spring contacts inside the light. Hats off to Nitecore for their superb build quality.

I will be replacing the light with an SRT7GT.

Your thoughts?

Draco

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tail caps are sold as an accessory. Just need a new lense. An online company Flashlight lense might be able to help.
I always liked my SRT7. Nice beam and, from looking at your light, rugged too.

bwDraco

Newly Enlightened
The head itself is a bit deformed so I'm not really inclined to try to replace the lens - it probably won't fit. I would rather just replace the whole thing.

Draco

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks! I'd hate to replace a whole flashlight when one part would do the trick. But I guess you can't replace the lens if you can't unscrew the bezel. Just a thought: a flashlight with an optical lens might be better equipped to handle a blow like that.

Javora

Enlightened
You can see the point of impact and the dent on one side. Too bad you can't salvage it...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe try putting the light in a vise and see if you can hammer that dent out Maybe place a wooden dowel against the inside of the dent then hammer the back of the dowel to reduce chances of further damage to the light.. If you can get the dent out then unscrew the bezel and replace the lens.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
How high was the drop?

Maybe, you can email Nitecore to see if they can repair it for you?