Where do your flashlights live?

Keitho

Enlightened
I've been jotting down details on my most recent light purchases (in order to try to keep my flashlight hobby to some kind of sane portion of my entertainment budget:broke:), and ended up with a summary of where my most recent purchases have found a home in my daily life. Anyone else care to share?

Home# of flashlights
gift8
bike/EDC kit4
vehicle2
nightstand2
backpack kit2
work1
mod toy box1
living room1
front door1
basement1
back door1
Grand Total24

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Have gifted 5 that I can think of. Probably more. One "returned" home when we moved in with my F-i-L.
I keep a few in/on my nightstand, and 2 in the kitchen "utility" (junk) drawer. Other than that, every gun case, bike kit, coat pocket, tool box, glove box, and get home bag has (at least) one.
Always a small one on my keychain, and a CR123 size in my pants/shorts pocket.
Just ordered a couple more for near the front door (or maybe 1 front and one back. Need to see when they arrive.)
I don't count them anymore.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have not kept my hobby in sane proportions so...

In my home at least one about every 3 paces in every room. Last count my work truck had 10 plus a spotlight... wait.. 11, no 12... eh forget it.... My wife carries 3 in her purse and one on the keys, the van has 4 doors, each with a light tucked in it, one in the glove box and 2 in the console.... 2 in my laptop bag plus a usb plug in keyboard light... and on my person at any given time at least 3...

terjee

Enlightened
I tend to move things around and re-plan every time a new proper light arrives, or I change my mind about things. Currently the list goes something like:

EDC, 2 in backpack, one on keychain
Camping gear, 2 headlights, 3 (or was it 5?) flashlights
Where I keep my batteries, small pile of random lights
With charger station, typically 3-5 lights
Home office, around 3
Bedroom, 1-2

Then there's various half forgotten lights scattered about.

Those are are my own lights btw. Living with kid and girlfriend, so there's theirs as well.

In a way I've become more organized, but I keep reorganizing, so I'm not sure if it counts. ;-)

Drifting off topic perhaps, but I'll mention it anyway: as I keep adding lights, I find that I'm becoming better at picking lights for specific tasks, both with new purchases, and what I already have. That makes it more natural to organize. I hadn't really tough much about it, but when I take a light out of service, I'm often enduring up looking for a new task for it. Gifting it to someone, placing it as a backup in a strategic location, and so on.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would take me a substantial amount of time to survey exactly what & where my lights are located. Probably 50 plus loose in the safe another 10 mounted to long black things, 50 something all around the safe, 10 or so in a cabinet in the kitchen, 5 or so in a drawer under that cabinet, 5 or so in my go bag, 10 or so in camper, 3 for sure in TV room, 2 in wife vehicle and two in her purse, 2 at work for sure, 2 on me right now, 2 for sure in my tool box, 4 minimum in daughters room, probably 4 in my bathroom, oh maybe 4 in my closet.

That's just counting whole and functioning lights. I can't even remember parts and pieces I have. Anyways I know I am forgetting a few locations cause I have close to 200 total lights.
At a certain point things seemed to get a little out of hand. I cut back this year a good bit. I should probably have a huge sell down to clear out ones I don't use often or really like or have duplicates.

harro

Enlightened
While this is the epitome of a shelf queen setup, I find this to be handier than spread everywhere. There is still probably 8 - 10 spread around on bedside tables, in cars, on benchtops etc. The ' queens ' are used on a fairly regular basis also.....

h4hU4ex.jpg

Much to ' she who must be obeyed's, chargrin ', there are probably another six lights in the cabinet since this pic.....:naughty:

cclin

Newly Enlightened
in my desk drawer & somewhere around the house:thinking:
lights.jpg

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a really good question to be honest. Lets see:

Currently 19:
1x nightstand
2x drawer as EDC
1x keychain
1x car
14x flashlight drawer

16x sold/gave away

markr6

Flashaholic
Car: 1 flashlight and 1 headlamp
Nightstand: 1
Walk-in closet: 1
Basement: most are spread out down here (about 6) on my backpacking shelf or workbench with chargers, batteries, etc.
Briefcase: 2
EDC organizer: 1 (not really EDC; more of a man purse I never actually carry)
Kitchen: 2
Garage: 1
Shed: 1

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My flashlights live a short distance from their bodies. Olight S2 Baton on my keychain, P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head on my belt and on my nightstand, Acebeam X45vn XHP70.2 on my nightstand and on my belt, and two Acebeam X65vn spec 1 in my hands during nighttime walk. They rest in convenient, secure storage space. Others in my signature and still others rotate out occasionally.

ven

Flashaholic
in my desk drawer & somewhere around the house:thinking:
lights.jpg

I could look at that all day..............love it:)

I tend to have a few in most rooms, bedrooms, kitchen, conservatory, lounge. Most of mine are stored in draws, tend to have a few on bed side(usually between 3 and 15..............depending on what i simply want to use). Coffee table varies, from a couple to maybe ...........what ever figure.

Conservatory (varies)

Coffee table(front room) varies

and

and

Changes daily pretty much................
Work tool box(varies)

Bed side(varies)

Large lights kept in a large draw read for use, smaller so 26650 and down go in draws next to my bed. Total amount i am not sure on as i have trimmed down to more dedicated/custom/modded types these days. Buying for the sake of(latest this or that model) is a thing of the past, has to be specific for a use. Colour temp/tint and UI are important over X amount of lumens for seconds. Basically i need to like what i see over how much i see of it, beam type/CT etc.

harro

Enlightened
I could look at that all day..............love it:)

I tend to have a few in most rooms, bedrooms, kitchen, conservatory, lounge. Most of mine are stored in draws, tend to have a few on bed side(usually between 3 and 15..............depending on what i simply want to use). Coffee table varies, from a couple to maybe ...........what ever figure.

Large lights kept in a large draw read for use, smaller so 26650 and down go in draws next to my bed. Total amount i am not sure on as i have trimmed down to more dedicated/custom/modded types these days. Buying for the sake of(latest this or that model) is a thing of the past, has to be specific for a use. Colour temp/tint and UI are important over X amount of lumens for seconds. Basically i need to like what i see over how much i see of it, beam type/CT etc.

Haha, if I were to keep my lights like that ( droooooooooool, yes please ), i'd be out in the shed ( doghouse ) with them............hmmmmmmm, come to think of it...........

ven

Flashaholic
Man cave wall to wall with lights..................does not sound bad at all:naughty:

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
One, a 4sevens mini in the car, the rest laying around my condo, I can usually find at least a couple of them.