Review: Lumintop Ant (SS - Brass, EDC Keychain 1xAAA, Tritium insert, XP-G2)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the Lumintop Ant For the review from Banggood.com
Here are the purchase link https://goo.gl/SD64if
And save 35% with this Coupon: hhe151

The Lumintop Ant is a compact AAA EDC flashlight with electronic switch and an XP-G2 R5 Cool White emitter. The Ant has some premium features that set it apart from most AAA flashlights: high quality material (Stainless Steel or Brass), a 1.5x6mm green tritium insert at the tailcap. I got both versions.

Both versions come in the same box, with only a label to differentiate them.
Lumintop_Ant_01.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_02.jpg

The brass Ant is kept inside an additional, air tight package, to prevent oxidation.
Lumintop_Ant_03.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_15.jpg

Both lights are identical, except the material. The Ant measures 74x15 mm.
Lumintop_Ant_21.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_22.jpg

The SS clip allows for somewhat of a deep carry, and comes already installed for both lights.
Lumintop_Ant_24.jpg

The body is rather thick for an AAA light
Lumintop_Ant_12.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_23.jpg

Details of the stainless steel version, which is mirror polished.
Lumintop_Ant_04.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_05.jpg

The electronic switch is covered by a steel cover, with mirror finish for both versions.
Lumintop_Ant_06.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_07.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_08.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_09.jpg

On the head there are some cooling fins (the light becomes quite hot at high mode at the end of the test).
Lumintop_Ant_10.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_11.jpg

Green GITD Oring under the glass
Lumintop_Ant_13.jpg

And green tritium insert at the flat tailcap (yes, the light can tailstand). There's some slight sign of milling at the tailcap, beside that, the finish on the ant is perfect.
Lumintop_Ant_14.jpg

The brass version has a golden shine color.
Lumintop_Ant_16.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_17.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_18.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_19.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_20.jpg

UI
Click once to turn the Ant on at low mode, again for mid mode, again for high mode, again for turning the ant off.
The switch has a kind of long run and you need to press it with decision.

Output and runtime.
Lumintop_Ant_Output.png

Lumintop_Ant_Runtime1.png

Lumintop_Ant_Runtime2.png

Beamshots at 0.5 meters from the wall
Lumintop_Ant_25.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_26.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_27.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_28.jpg

Lumintop_Ant_29.jpg

My thoughts
The light is well built and finished.
I like level spacing and the regulation, but I should be able to turn the light off without cycling through the other modes, every time.
The Ant is a good choice if you are looking for an EDC AAA light and you want to "treat yourself" without spending too much money.
The Ant is a good choice also for a gift, with the tritium "feature", and the easy interface (especially for a non flashaholic person).
Ideally, the SS version is the better one if you look for a keychain light, as it is the most resistant to scratches and dings.
I'd like to see this light come with a neutral white tint and a revised interface.

Thanks to: AntoLed for the camera advice and the luxmeter.

Javora

Enlightened
Good review. I can see your reflection on the side switch in the pictures. Now that is what I call a mirror finish. Does this light turn on accidentally while in your pocket very much? I agree your view of the interface, but also wish Lunintop would have designed this with a tail cap with the tritium set into the switch.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, for some unknown reason, really like the looks of this light, in either material.

I'm really tempted, even though I'd also prefer to turn the light directly off from low or medium without having to cycle through the higher outputs.