Arc4 Second or LSH Bundle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Go for the Arc4 second. It's a more modern light, and has much more of a feel of something designed as a complete product, as opposed to the LS series which were among the first lights of their type and felt sort of thrown together by comparison.

Danosaurus

Newly Enlightened
Arc 4 Second all the way buddy! Great value at $99, IMHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I opted for the LSH bundle. I liked the idea of a simple on/off light, with no double/triple/ten clicks to access menus and functions. I also really wanted the AA pack for rechargable NiMH cells. Finally, I guess the idea of a "second" scared me a little.

This is my very first Arc flashlight, and I'll say I'm very pleased with #974. I have a couple of comments, though.

1) The tint has the slightest smidge of blue in it. It's nothing like the blue in my Turtlelight, or my CMG infinity, and it's certainly acceptable. Maybe the premium models are whiter. At least it isn't green.

2) The knurled grip on the head matches the knurling on the AA pack, but not the 123 pack. Why? I can't say it bothers me, but it would be nicer if it matched. The 123 pack has a more aggressive pattern than the head. I prefer the softer diamond hatch on the head and the AA pack.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my new light, and I'm already finding it very handy. I think you've got a tough choice choosing between the LS bundle and the 4 second. Good luck!

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Ty_Bower said:
...I guess the idea of a "second" scared me a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a little skeptical about it at first too, but the 15 day trial period really takes all of the concern out of the equation. If you don't like it (for ANY reason)... send it back!

My Arc4+ "second" turned out to be a beauty! There are slight HA differences, and an *ever-so-tiny* piece of epoxy residue around the LS, but the reflecter is spot-less, and it's as bright and white as I ever could've imagined! I still have a whole week to decide if this is the light for me, but based on my first week of messing around with it... it would have to take an Act of God to get this light out of my hands!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(knock on wood)

watchdog2001

Newly Enlightened
A few months back I bought a LSH-ST "standard" and recently bought an Arc 4+ second. I was impressed as can be with my LSH-ST and just as happy with my Arc 4+. Believe it or not, my favorite continues to be my LSH-ST. The Arc 4+ is indeed a marvel of engineering and a very "customizable" light, but I like the "easy to get going" / simplicity of the LSH-ST. The tint of my LSH-ST is absolutely amazing (snow white against a white wall) and actually surpasses my Arc 4+ althought not quite as bright.

Nitnos, you have a tough decision in front of you !!!
Good Luck.

Nitnos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go with the LSH-S package because I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather have top quality, even if it means I have to scrounge up money for a few weeks. I ordered my light and within 23 hours of my confirmed purchase, the light was in my hands. Awesome service, awesome light!

Status
Not open for further replies.