Olight s1r turbo vs Olight s1

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Ok, so other than the obvious differences of price, output, and the proprietary recharge. I'm looking for some input on the two. I had a s10r baton III at one point that just stopped working and had to be returned, while the s1 baton I gave to my gf has been bullet proof. (She loves it, and I miss it lol).

I want the s1r turbo, but I just want to be sure it won't fail like the s10r III did, my worry is the proprietary charging could have been a factor in that. Maybe I got a lemon. Also it seemed like the s1 had a stronger magnet than the s10r III. So basically, how does the s1r turbo compare to the s1 as far as factors like reliability, etc?

Olight has a sale for the next few hours with 20% off either light, so I want to make a decision soon haha. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I have both and s1r has a better ui and can run on regular imr 16340s if need be but can't recharge. I hated on the s1 not being able to double click while on to get turbo. They changed that on the s1r and made the timer option more hidden.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Do you notice any difference in strength of the magnets? When I had the s10r III and compared it to the s1, the s1 magnet was noticeably stronger. I'm wondering if the charger in the tailcap takes away a little bit of the magnets strength.