RIP Glen Campbell

Empath

Flashaholic
I give my age away when I admit to enjoying Glen's performances from the start of his career. :mecry:

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange, but perhaps not so strange that I feel a bit of a loss from Glen Campbell's passing. I've never owned his albums, but have known since childhood of his good guitar playing, high status in the music industry, and large influence on other musicians.

As a guitarist, it's like a background, yet solid part of life is no longer there, the feeling being more pervasive than others that I've followed much more closely, who have also passed. I can hear where his influence is still tremendous to this day, even if some newer artists using modified forms of his ideas don't even realize it.

Thank you for the great music, and innovation Mr. Campbell.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glen was one of the very few from the Wrecking Crew to become a solo artist superstar. An almost unimaginable feat for someone raised in literally dirt poor poverty. A true example of what can be achieved with hard work, talent, and perseverance. Truly a life well lived, RIP.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The guy worked with the greats like Sinatra, Ray Charles, wrote the songs many of us never knew he wrote, toured with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson split, produced tons of records and had some really great guests during his tv shows years...
Meanwhile he did some pretty catchy tunes he gets credit for on Glen Campbell records.

RIP. YOU DUN GOOD

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
This has hit home, I was his official photographer for many of Glen's important concerts, for years. I still have a permanent all, access credential.

He treated my wife so, nice, as she was second camera on his shows. I will miss all the road trips.

He he was great to everyone and his fans. My last tour was 2006, before he really got sick.

RIP Man! Everyone I worked for is dying recently, and I am deeply sadden and depressed. Hell, I may be next!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maybe that special credential will come in handy if Glen is one of the greeters standing at the Pearly Gates.

"He's with the band, let him in"" lol