Best price for Streamlight TT-2L?

tech

Newly Enlightened
I've decided that I cannot resist the Streamlight Twin-Task 2l any longer.
Any ideas on where the best prices are?
So far BrightGuy seems to be the best at $29.95

Suggestions?

T.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats were I got mine from and paid...don`t know where to get for less. Why do you want the TT2L? LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ken

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I believe the best deal is at amazon, where it's $32.99. Okay, it's more than $27.99, but that includes free shipping from amazon. Also seen it on ebay at $26.50 before shipping. With LA Police Gear, shipping depends on zipcode.

daloosh

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody ordered from Amazon? How was the shipping?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with Brightguy and get a xenon lamp spare (two per pack) for $5.25 at the same time you get your ST TT 2L.

Mike

astrilt1

Newly Enlightened
Got mine for $24.95 a while back when cases4less.com was having a sale. They're $27.95 there now. Shipping was cheap and quick.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Jerry, you can search amazon for:

Streamlight 51005 Twin Task
($27.50 black, but ships in 1-2 weeks, according to site)

or

Streamlight 51015 Twin Task
($32.99 titanium, ships in 24 hours, according to site)

daloosh

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Has anybody ordered from Amazon? How was the shipping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon's free shipping is a ripoff! It was crappy at best. I ordered two or three small things with free shippping, and it took almost two months. I was not impressed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Brightguy is an excellent dealer. Unless money is really tight, go with Brightguy.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy gets my vote, I have ordered 5 different times from them with no problems. Besides, I usually order some extras just to make it worth while .... batteries, spare xenons like I mentioned before.

Come on man, chip loose the exra couple of bucks and order from Brightguy. Support the little guy, the small ma-pop business, not big corporate America. Stick it to the man! It's the right thing to do! (I'm ok now.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

Please note that I do not have any affiliation with Brightguy except as a satisfied customer.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, the shipping from LAPG is relatively high. They have some of the best prices for SL but high shipping.

Jerry

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get it locally for $31 + tax

I'd go with BrightGuy over Amazon on this one. Sorta keeps it in the family so-to-speak.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have read the "fine print" about Amazon's free shipping if you were impatient or easily ticked off. I've utilized their free shipping on many occasions, but only when I don't need something right away. It plainly states that for free shipping, they usually hold the order until all items are available. You might have had two items available right away, but a third back-ordered for a month, so they held everything to ship. I've had things take a little over a month due to an item not being in stock. If all items are immediately available, it usually takes 1-2 weeks for me to get the order. If the shipping was free, how was it a rip-off? If I would need the flashlight right away, I'd order from Brightguy, and get it in 1-2 days with UPS ground shipping, if I wanted free shipping and didn't need it right away, I'd go with Amazon (if the price was close).

FWIW, I've ordered 15-20 lights from Brightguy in the past year and maybe 2-3 from Amazon. I sometimes throw one on with an order for books or music or movies at Amazon, but most of the time I'll stick to the established dealers here on CPF.

-Keith

Gandalf

Enlightened
Aside from the *outstanding* service from Brightguy, he stocks the spare xenon lamps; a pkg. of 2 for $5.25. (Anyone check the price of a SF A2 LA recently??) Orders are usually shipped the same day, if you order in the morning. Next business day otherwise. Amazon sure as h**l doesn't do that!

Brightguy is by far my favorite flashlight site. Everyone stocks the light itself, but Brightguy stocks 2 holsters, the xenon lamps, and a universal lanyard for it as well. Brightguy stocks accessories, especially replcement lamps, for *almost all* of the lights they sell. AFAIK, it's the only site that does that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I have purchased lights from many other online sites, (and there are many good places to buy lights from, that cater to us flashaholics) but brightguy.com is still the best for all around HUGE selection, accessories, customer service, and reasonably priced, and quick shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy is outstanding, and I like to buy from him. However, there is a limit as to the price differential that I will pay.
For example he has the TL-2LED for $59.95 while LAPG has it for $49.99. That is a little too much difference for me.

Other items are not so far apart and for a few bucks I will go with one of our "local dealers."

Jerry

Bill.H

Enlightened
My personal preference is to go with a CPF supporter (advertiser). Supporting them acts as a thank you for supporting us.
The banners forum has them all listed and all the banners are clickable.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LAPG hoses you on shipping, $9. I think I'll stick with Brightguy over Amazon.