New Eternalights

MY

Enlightened
I was just wondering if anybody has news about the new eternalights that will be introduced? I was told that an 8 led light in the Model 2 case was near completion. I think that the only question left to answer is whether the voltage regulater should be constant for the life of the batteries (similar to the new Arc) or be linear like the current models. I was told that there would be a $20 premium for the constant voltage model.

Do you folks think that it is worth the extra money to have a constant voltage regulator when very few lights on the market has one? For your information, I will gladly pay the premium.

On a secondary note, I am concerned that with the features that everyone wants, the price for these lights will be so high that few will be able to afford them.

I think that led lights are so great that everyone should have one (or ten) but the high initial costs present a limiting factor in the purchase decision. That is why I think that the $12 Wal-Mart Brinkman is a break-through light - - servicable and cheap.
rolleyes.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi My, I saw this question on their site too. It`s a tough one...would people rather have steady brightness for a shorter time...or declining brightness but for a longer time...and then, as you say, there`s the cost factor also. It would be nice if they would make both and folks could order which one they want. I would go with the regulated one myself I think...if I could afford to.