Difference between neutral white versions of Zebralight SC600 Mk III

witness

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone explain the difference between the Zebralight SC600w Mk III Neutral White High Intensity and non High Intensity versions?

witness

Newly Enlightened
Oops,
I think I figured it out. The HI version has a slightly tighter hot spot (8 degrees vs 10 degrees on the standard Neutral White).

ven

Flashaholic
Yes, the xhp35 HI has a flat dome(flat layer across the quad die), kind of like a de-dome LED without the tint shift that is normally associated with it. They seem to sit between a domed LED and a custom de-dome(dome removed to increase the throw). Ones i have are very nice in colour temp and tint, the 4500k and 5000k especially so. The mkIII is no thrower in either guise, but if throw is your forte then the HI should be the proffered choice of the two with a more concentrated hot spot.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you put a "?" at the end of your title, it might keep some ppl from coming in here thinking you already have the answers, demonstrating the difference etc.

witness

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the xhp35 HI has a flat dome(flat layer across the quad die), kind of like a de-dome LED without the tint shift that is normally associated with it. They seem to sit between a domed LED and a custom de-dome(dome removed to increase the throw). Ones i have are very nice in colour temp and tint, the 4500k and 5000k especially so. The mkIII is no thrower in either guise, but if throw is your forte then the HI should be the proffered choice of the two with a more concentrated hot spot.

Thanks sort of what I figured and, for my purposes, just got the regular neutral white. Thanks.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to the way the flat dome interacts with the reflector, the HI emitter will have slightly less tint variation from hotspot to corona to spill compared to the HD emitters.