Any other lights that have the Olight side button interface

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
I have the Olight S1 Baton and love the interface but the light is a little small in the hand. Am looking for a slightly larger Cr123 light with the same kind of interface as the Olight or Zebralight.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Olight S1 Baton and love the interface but the light is a little small in the hand. Am looking for a slightly larger Cr123 light with the same kind of interface as the Olight or Zebralight.

side button and User Interface are different features
there are other lights with side buttons, but the brightness levels and sequence may be different than on your oLight. The Zebralight Interface is NOT the same as oLight. The similarity is ONLY the fact that the button is on the side of the head.

If you find a CR123 light too small, and you want a light with a side button on the head, consider a light with an 18650 instead, for Example this thread shows both a CR123 size and 18650 size light:
What keeps you from being interested in the MecArmy PT-18?
34820881020_cf5219a4a0_b.jpg

Last edited:

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
What about a Zebralight SC62/63 or an Olight S2?

I should have mentioned in my original post I have the zebralight SC63W which I love but was looking for something in size between the Olight S1 Baton and the SC63W with the side button. The Zebra SC32 is almost as small as the olight s1 and is cool white and I am spoiled now on Neutral White Lights. I just ordered the Zebra SC5w mkll because it is the size I am looking for in the hand but I did not want a AA light. However because of the output I talked myself into trying it. What I want is a cr123 light the same size as the sc5w mkll.

ven

Flashaholic
I find the sc5 mkII pretty much the same form as a typical cr123 light so you may be happy with it. Unless you specifically want to run cr123 fuel........

Chuck an AA eneloop pro in and good for 2500mah.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the SC5W, you're going to need a high quality cell like enloops to get that output.

I think there's a very similar thread active right now with the same question, I don't remember OP.

Olight S10 or S10R is a good suggestion, as is the sc32w. I don't think you should rule out 14500 lights like the Manker E02 (I think that's the model number).

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Emisar D4.

Its interface has some similarities to Olight:

long press from off - MOONLIGHT
Short click from off - turn on in last used mode. Turn off if already on.
Double click from off - TURBO
Click and hold from off - ramp up

In many ways the Emisar is much superior to Olight. Instead of a few intermediate modes, the Emisar smoothly ramps through 150 different brightness levels over 2.5 seconds. The result is a perfectly smooth ramp. Also, if you release the button then click and hold again, it will ramp down instead of up.

The Emisar also has amazingly high max output: up 4,200 lumens in a light only a tiny bit bigger than a Zebralight SC63.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Emisar D4.

Its interface has some similarities to Olight:

long press from off - ON
Double click from off - TURBO
Click and hold from off - ramp up

In many ways the Emisar is much superior to Olight. Instead of a few intermediate modes, the Emisar smoothly ramps through 150 different brightness levels over 2.5 seconds. The result is a perfectly smooth ramp. Also, if you release the button then click and hold again, it will ramp down instead of up.

The Emisar also has amazingly high max output: up 4,200 lumens in a light only a tiny bit bigger than a Zebralight SC63.
He is looking for something in size between the Zebralight SC62/63 and the Olight S1.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D4 with 18350 tube. Shorter than the S1 I think while still outputting 3000+ lumens.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I want is a cr123 light the same size as the sc5w mkll.
nothing like a Rotary, right?
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dannn

Im still learning the ranking of your priorities, size, weight, LED Color, CRI, CR123 power.
Are you flexible on the side button?:)

I know more than one oLight CR123 owner who also carries an HDS w CR123.. the oLight is sort of a spare battery case.

Last edited: