The Mouse Light (pics)

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The montra for all modders should be the 3 r's, reduce,reuse and recycle. Reduce - reduce money leaving my pocket to sustain my habbit. resuse - find something that isn't worth much. recycle - make it into something a little more useful.

I was rootin' around in my shed and I found an old serial 3 button mouse, 2 seconds before I tossed it in the garbage, tri-colored LED's came to mind.

IMAG0000.JPG

IMAG0001.JPG

There are 3 el' cleap'o AAA hardwired in the case. Each segment is limited to 23-27mA. Voula, instant kid toy.
All three colors on.
IMAG0002.JPG

IMAG0003.GIF

The LED's work better if frosted, the colors don't overlap well.
IMAG0004.JPG

I got these LED's to try some stuff replacing the 3x3mm led in multi color pens and pendants, it was a good idea but, the LED's are common cathode (-) and all the 3 led driver boards I have are common anode (+).

Something to do, 'eh

Jeff

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Great idea, now I have something to do with my collection of unused mice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
internally, all three buttons have a common lead, I just cut the traces for the other side of the switches, and used the included wire kit (cable).
Jeff

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, i like that!!!

i think i've got an old mouse lying around that doesn't work....it might end up modded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
LEDependent said:
You should have each mouse button light up one of the three colors :^)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's what he DID do.

Great idea!