nifty sandals

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the summer, I like to wear sandals whenever possible. Basically, I live in them unless I have to put on boots for working around the property for safety reasons. My favorite was from Bite Shoes model XGT. Wide footbed, stable, nice "bear claws" for grip, very comfortable.

My wife (an awesome woman by the way, thanks for asking) got me some new sandals from REI. The company is called Keen. Man, these things are cool. Deep wide footbed, grippy enough in the soles, stable and comfortable ...... but with a toe guard. I love these things!

I like both these brands. Just thought that if there are other sandal wearers out there they might like to know about a couple of really good ones.
Mike

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've really only worn thong sandals for daily use.. altho i have a pair of Tevas for white water rafting.

i'd really like a nice pair of leather sandals for this summer. Birkenstocks are incredibly comfortable.

right now these are my foot-EDC: http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1h/www.eastbay.com/images/products/zoom/42103314_z.jpg

Edit:
here are the shoes i'm saving $25 to get for this summer.. http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1h/www.eastbay.com/images/products/zoom/49400316_z.jpg

i have'ta have the thong sandals or my feet don't feel stabile in the sandal.. my feet tend to always slide too far forward, and i'm infamous for stubbing my toes.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keen's are somewhat expensive. But if you compare them to Teva's (or similar type), they really aren't that bad.

Mike

stockwiz

Enlightened
I just picked up some new running shoes off the internet last week... new balance 716 series size 11EE .. available on amazon.com searches in many sizes. The 710 series is among the most highly rated shoes for the price for balanced/neutral runners or slight overpronators.

The things just feel so darn good on the feet...lots of cushon... and this particular model is made in the USA.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of Asics sandals that were on sale. They have quick release buckle for the rear that I really like, alot quicker.

I used to wear them alot, I found them far more comfortable with socks.