Beam Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I just got my first non-premium Arc AAA in the Fedex today.

My Premiums' beam quality is only slightly better than the Arc AAA standard (non-premium). The shade of blue in the center is slightly softer with the Premium. The beam shape is also a little better on the Premium.

If I was to rank them, I have to put my AA Arcs as having the best beam (in terms of shape/texture), followed by my Arc AAA Premiums, and lastly the Arc AAA Non-premium.

Knowing what I know now (After comparing each model vs the other), I'm not so sure that the Arc AAA Premium's beam is better enough to justify it.

All three models are very well made and I like them, but I think that (at least in my collection) that the Arc Premium AAA is only slightly noticable from the Arc AAA Non-premium. Interestingly, all three of my AA Arcs appear to have the best beams of all--not in color but in shape and texture.

Out of curiousity, those of you that own AAs and AAAs share your results.

03lab

Enlightened
My AAA (std) is very blotchy and green .... obviously not what I expected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
My first AAA and my AA both had perfect beams. I then bought two AAAs for my dad and sister. My dad's is a bit more blue than normal in the center and my sister's is ringy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif They still work fine heh.

KingSmono

Enlightened
I have an Arc AAA premium, and I've always been really impressed by it's beam quality in both tint, and brightness!! However, when I got my Arc4, which is WHITE...completely WHITE... my AAA suddenly looks very blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just compared an Arc-AA and Arc-AAA PE (formerly known as the Arc-AAA LE), and their beams were very, very close in brightness and color to one another. The AA has a slightly wider corona (by around 1-2°), but otherwise looks like the beam from my Arc-AAA PE.

I don't have a standard Arc-AAA handy with which to compare these, so no help in that department sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I know I have a few *somewhere*, but I don't know exactly where.

Status
Not open for further replies.