Review: BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 on 14500 1xAA or 2xAA

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My name is Eryk. I am writing reviews in Polish.
Reviews I translate – google translator.

We get a flashlight in a cardboard ecological packaging, where we do not find any additional information than the model of the BlitzWolf product.

In the package we will find:
- instruction manual, warranty card
- flashlight
- Lanyard for wrist
- Oringa backup
- diffuser

User manual

Warranty Card

I also ordered a bed for 2xAA (not to use 2x14500), which I waited much longer than the same flashlight

This is what the BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 looks like, but not to the smallest AA / 14500 powered torches.

From the top something lace shape, fast set quite low, this treatment should limit the chance of rapid break during the fall. Of course, with AR coating, clean SMO spotlight, and XP-L LED, ATTENTION! Available with NEUTRAL LED! I have this version

The set comes with a diffuser, allows you to diffuse the light by placing a flashlight on the cap. Unfortunately, during the test a bit of water got into the flashlight, because as I noticed later the speed slightly fogged. Of course, after removing the flashlight, it dried up and is fully functional

The head is quite strongly ribbed, which makes it easier to cool the torch while moving, although it does not heat up so much.

On the reverse side of the switch. The picture shows that the eraser is unevenly embedded - perhaps it was the reason for the minimal leaks

We can get to the switch without any problems. Everything nicely done

After reassembling the whole, the eraser of the switch is definitely lowered - the minimum click was also improved. As far as this is quite pleasant, unfortunately through the eraser feel that it sticks to our finger - anyway, thicker eraser = harder to damage

The central tube gently knit

Like the cap

In the cap we will find a magnet, we have the possibility to remove it. The thread in this place nicely made, but without the smallest amount of grease

Cap in the middle with a relatively hard and thick spring

Comparison of Zanflare F2 and BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 caps

It turns out that the Zanflare cap matches the BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 easily, so we have the ability to control a two-click flashlight (the one on the cap would rather serve as a safeguard against accidentally turning on the flashlight)

Even mating is almost identical. It is worth mentioning that the 2xAA standard tube has a clip that lacks a basic version of 1xAA / 14500.

Thread on the driver side without anodizing and SMARU!

The one to the left is the Zanflare, right is the BlitzWolf, here the quality is on the Zanflare side (I do not remember if the factory was greased, but rather not)

The driver, like most of today's construction, is difficult to disassemble. It is equipped with protection against reverse polarity, ie damage to the controller when we put the link to the flashlight.

The control looks like this:
- single click activates the flashlight

On the lantern turned on to change the brightness we have to:
- hold down the button, and when we start from 0-50% and reach 50% flash twice and it will brighten towards 100% - it will flash
- identically when we want to decrease brightness, hold the button, it will fall from eg 100% to 50% - flashlight will flash twice, it will fall to the proverbial 0% flashes once.
- if we stop during brightening at eg 75% the next hold will bring down the brightness - and so on in a circle (brighter, darker, brighter, ..)

On or off the lantern:
- fast two-click activates TURBO
- fast three clocks activate stroboscopic modes (when hold SOS)

Single click turns off the flashlight, it will turn on last mode memory (but not when the last two will be TURBO)

It is possible to say that TURBO is such an add-on, a quick two-click to activate it, and it will most likely use just 50% - the light is a little less, and the working time is noticeably better.

With a tube at 1xAA / 14500 noticeably shorter than the Zanflare F2 but definitely longer and larger than the Jetbeam Jet-1 MK.

If you compare it to the Skilhunt H02 New (not to mention H03)

Here in larger package: Zanflare F2, Acebeam EC35, BlitzWolf, Fenix ​​TK25 R & B, Jetbeam Jet-1 MK

Sam BlitzWolf for the lightest does not belong - 67 grams

Here left to Blitzwolf, and right to Zanflare - a decisive advantage over Zanflare.

Field shooting, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 2s, white balance - Fluorescent H

BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 - 14500

BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 - 1xAA

Zanflare F2 - 2xAA (noticeably further)

Jetbeam Jet-1 MK-14500

Jetbeam Jet-1 MK - 1xAA

Acebeam EC35 - in medium mode

Full size photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2m6JuI1fzzqYXdQcGJ6UTNxUmc?usp=sharing

A few words to summarize:
BlitzWolf® BW-ET1 was pretty interesting and I think that's still the case. The performance of the 14500 is far better thought than the Jetbeam Jet-1 MK, where the torch was 100% active.
In terms of performance I can not fault it much, but I must point out that it is worth to unscrew the eraser of the switch and turn it again - it improved my click and appearance of the flashlight. I think this element was also responsible for getting a small amount of water into the flashlight. Unfortunately factory threads without the minimum amount of grease - a pity.
It is worth to pay attention to the size of the torch, the 14500-powered torch is comparable in size to the Skilhunt H02 new (which is a disadvantage for me), so the only reasonable explanation for the purchase of BlitzWolf are:
Having a large number of AAs in the house, a flashlight we want to give to a family or child, an emergency power supply that we buy literally everywhere we like.

When asked if it is worth buying a tube at 2xAA, I would say that it is worth only two situations: we care about the clip, we care about the longer flashlight time (we do not want to wear our fingers in the pocket), because we use 1xAA or 2xAA brightness is Identical (I can not see the difference). The simple and clear control, unfortunately without accidental lockout, it is always best to leave the flashlight tinted to around 0%.
There is one more thing, shines closer than Zanflare and at the same power, ie 2xAA, shines noticeably darker / fainter.
Days are getting shorter and shorter, allowing me to use the flashlight at night. Neutral color is beautiful!, Jetbeam, although smaller does not impress me. Cool Jetbeam diode ... a great jet, one of the most popular models on AA, dimensions, performance from AA, but its color ...
BlitzWolf is now a good price and certainly worth a look, especially if you want to power it with 1x14500 and have an emergency power supply with 1xAA or just put it in the car and drive it.
ACMcAG1XAPjOAH5qAH98ANC0AFZRAMyZAJmZmQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAUUADAALAAAAAAPAA8AAAaaQJgQZkg8AI BYTgkFBSrlshi pAIzYdDRaFoGAxE6IGFFTCLjPe7abtIRNQk7QVvThvEoyhY0DUaLAAsGwwhAw8eCwcFAA0aAJFgFkcXCxUSGY8QABCAHUiKfhlqaxoUEQ8JaIsHpF2wFQkGcourICsKpBd7Zg5zHiDCAX4jBUIEqn7LCyUjZE0FDykcFy8pCgVlTEVHqktDQQA7

Successful shopping !
Regards
Eryk

Last edited: